PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU ARE NEW---read the sticky posts...

Sk8r
09/21/2017, 10:39 AM
That's the ones up at the top of this forum: they contain info you may not know to ask about. Call it a free Quick Start pamphlet.

hkgar
09/21/2017, 10:56 AM
+1
So many questions asked here are answered in the stickies. When I started I learned a lot by reading and then reading some more. Way back then, it was on another forum, that isn't any longer around.

nfrench2100
09/21/2017, 12:22 PM
That's the ones up at the top of this forum: they contain info you may not know to ask about. Call it a free Quick Start pamphlet.
+2
I am about as new to the salty side as it gets. I'm only 3 weeks in. Granted, I've asked ALOT of questions lol. But I've also read ALOT of the stickies as well, and then some. Not sure exactly where I read it, but I'll try my best to quote it.

"We used to hate paying attention and learning in highschool. The difference now, is we're learning about something that we love to do. Something we're passionate about. And the fun thing about it now is, the more we learn, the more we want to learn" - Unknown

Ok ok, so maybe some of that are my own words lol. The point is. Read the stickies! And then read some more! (And if your me, ask some questions in between reads)

Ab129
09/21/2017, 12:41 PM
As a total newbie that has read and gathered a ton of grreat info from the stickies I agree with you all but I would caution that in some rare instances the info may be outdated.
I was all read up on and ready to do a deep sand bed until I realized that the thread was from years ago and that now many advise against the DSB in the display tank.