PDA

View Full Version : Duncan tentacles?

Betaktical
09/21/2017, 09:54 PM
Just got new Duncan's 2 days ago. I've been working late so I haven't really had time to monitor them. Came home to day late and I have just a few blue LEDs on after my main lights go off and the Duncan looked like it was spewing zooxanthella algae but I have also heard they poop. It's not the normal foggy color the zoo algae normally is but it did look suspicious. I can't take pics right now because my phone camera is broke so I was just wondering if anyone else had ever seen this.

Just remembered I did come home for about 5 minutes this afternoon and remember looking at them and they looked great.

Any ideas? Thanks

jlmawp
09/22/2017, 03:26 AM
Just got new Duncan's 2 days ago. I've been working late so I haven't really had time to monitor them. Came home to day late and I have just a few blue LEDs on after my main lights go off and the Duncan looked like it was spewing zooxanthella algae but I have also heard they poop. It's not the normal foggy color the zoo algae normally is but it did look suspicious. I can't take pics right now because my phone camera is broke so I was just wondering if anyone else had ever seen this.

Just remembered I did come home for about 5 minutes this afternoon and remember looking at them and they looked great.

Any ideas? Thanks

It's probably just zooxanthella. My Duncan does this every time I move it around when cleaning the tank. It usually takes it a couple of days to get back to normal. In my experience, it's like the clownfish of corals. It just does goofy stuff from time to time.

It's brand new to your tank, give it a couple of days to acclimate. If your other corals are doing okay, it will too. They're hearty.

Betaktical
09/22/2017, 12:56 PM
It's probably just zooxanthella. My Duncan does this every time I move it around when cleaning the tank. It usually takes it a couple of days to get back to normal. In my experience, it's like the clownfish of corals. It just does goofy stuff from time to time.

It's brand new to your tank, give it a couple of days to acclimate. If your other corals are doing okay, it will too. They're hearty.

Ok thanks. These are my first Duncan's so I'm trying to learn everything about them

schnebbles
09/23/2017, 07:53 AM
I love my duncans. My first one has grown quite a bit . I picked up another one cheap at Petco and waiting on it to grow.