PDA

View Full Version : Zero Water Changes Tank (1 Year OLD) PHOTOS

reefinsocal
09/22/2017, 04:46 PM
Redsea Reefer 350

Soooo. I'm at that point where there really isn't much room to keep adding things... Do you change from always shopping for new stuff, to simply maintaining? I feel like my roll now is to feed and trim back leathers.... It's a weird point to be. Kinda sit back an enjoy.

Side note.. I run a Biodenitrator and dose Code A/B and I feel is the key to my success.

https://s26.postimg.org/zdartlss9/DSC_7135.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/uh751wsmx/Best_-_2_1.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/59w91npix/Best_-_1_8.jpg

dorkymk3
09/22/2017, 08:44 PM
I can't wait for my tank to go this direction. Beautiful tank!

Reef_Pilot
09/23/2017, 01:13 AM
Wow, I hope my tank looks that good 1 year in. What do you feel is you key to NO water changes?

Optionman
09/23/2017, 06:34 AM
Very nice. What is in front of your bubble coral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruiznblue
09/23/2017, 02:08 PM
Looks awesome. Do you keep any SPS...or is it all LPS? I ask cause from what I understand is LPS do better with "dirtier" water (if you want to call it that...not saying yours is!). Would love to follow a similar method of minimal water changes like you.

reefinsocal
09/28/2017, 12:37 AM
Wow, I hope my tank looks that good 1 year in. What do you feel is you key to NO water changes?

I really feel the difference maker is the Biodenitrator I run. It's really been the answer I have been looking for to any nitrate issues. I also have an auto neck cleaner on my skimmer and a collection unit for the skimmate. This way I simply add tipoff water to my ATO.

Very nice. What is in front of your bubble coral?
It's just a standard colt coral. I had a LARGE piece above the torch that dropped everything you see on the right side of my tank. It dropped all those smaller pieces that took hold and grew out. I trim it with a scissors and trash it. Grows super fast.

Looks awesome. Do you keep any SPS...or is it all LPS? I ask cause from what I understand is LPS do better with "dirtier" water (if you want to call it that...not saying yours is!). Would love to follow a similar method of minimal water changes like you.

I keep encrusting Montipora. Other than that no SPS. I wanted movement in the tank and I was looking for a grown out look like I achieved.

Optionman
09/28/2017, 04:38 AM
I may be wrong but I think itís Kenya Tree and not a colt coral. I have both in my 150g mixed reef and KT spreads like crazy by dropping pieces and my colt doesnít. Very pretty reef congrats!

reefinsocal
09/28/2017, 04:50 AM
I may be wrong but I think itís Kenya Tree and not a colt coral. I have both in my 150g mixed reef and KT spreads like crazy by dropping pieces and my colt doesnít. Very pretty reef congrats!

Yep youíre right. Thatís it.

smatter
09/28/2017, 09:25 AM
Very nice and interesting tank.

rhdoug
09/28/2017, 10:38 AM
Nice tank, beautifully done!! Going from frequent buying and adding stuff to just maintaining is a good place to be, enjoy! I'm at that stage too. Don't worry, soon enough you'll need to re-arrange/remove/replace stuff.

Subsea
09/28/2017, 05:58 PM
Nice tank, beautifully done!! Going from frequent buying and adding stuff to just maintaining is a good place to be, enjoy! I'm at that stage too. Don't worry, soon enough you'll need to re-arrange/remove/replace stuff.

It is nice to sit and enjoy. I have a 10 year old tank that I do zero water changes for 9 years. As I enjoyed it, I would do small changes in the aquascape to get my hands wet.

In the last year, some tweaking was required and I begin modest water changes done when I syphoned the gravel in my Jaubert Plenumn DT. I am in the process of turning my mud/macro refugium into a cryptic zone refugium to grow sponges and pods.

Reefinsoca,
Very nice tank.