PDA

View Full Version : can anyone find the dimensions of the laguna 4280?

Zacktosterone
09/23/2017, 09:03 AM
i'm trying to decide on this pump but i don't know a lot about it. I need to know what the dimensions of the laguna 4280 are. also if anyone is running it could you tell me if it's quiet or not?

slief
09/23/2017, 09:49 AM
They are silent. The issue you will have is that if you use the pump that comes in the Maxflo 4280, there is no base to hold the pump up. Once you remove the motor from the 4280 housing, you will just have a block, impeller and pump cover without anything to hold it upright and it's odd shape won't lend itself well to being used internally or externally without a base. For size reference, look at the Fluval SP6 and remove about 1" for height and about 1" for width. The difference is width and height is mostly the result of the base and cover included with the SP6. The SP6 uses the same Askoll block with an additional cover and the base so the Maxflo will be slightly smaller than the Fluval because of that. That said, while the Fluval SP6 is slightly less flow, it will be a better choice because of the base. It is also slightly cheaper and has a better warranty.

Zacktosterone
09/23/2017, 12:26 PM
They are silent. The issue you will have is that if you use the pump that comes in the Maxflo 4280, there is no base to hold the pump up. Once you remove the motor from the 4280 housing, you will just have a block, impeller and pump cover without anything to hold it upright and it's odd shape won't lend itself well to being used internally or externally without a base. For size reference, look at the Fluval SP6 and remove about 1" for height and about 1" for width. The difference is width and height is mostly the result of the base and cover included with the SP6. The SP6 uses the same Askoll block with an additional cover and the base so the Maxflo will be slightly smaller than the Fluval because of that. That said, while the Fluval SP6 is slightly less flow, it will be a better choice because of the base. It is also slightly cheaper and has a better warranty.

hey again slief. the fluval sp6 is only 2000 gph at 6' so i would actually need 2 of them i think. i would probably be more than fine with 2 sp6's then no? they're not that expensive

slief
09/23/2017, 02:32 PM
hey again slief. the fluval sp6 is only 2000 gph at 6' so i would actually need 2 of them i think. i would probably be more than fine with 2 sp6's then no? they're not that expensive

Yep and you gain some redundancy.