PDA

View Full Version : Profilux vs Cerebra

naimasreef
09/23/2017, 12:18 PM
Getting back into the hobby and would like to add a controller into the system this time around . . . any users that would like to add your input, appreciate your response.

Profilux vs Cerebra

fcmatt
09/23/2017, 12:27 PM
Last I heard cerebra was a disaster at launch and may still be iffy. You cannot compare it to a profilux.

slief
09/23/2017, 12:29 PM
Getting back into the hobby and would like to add a controller into the system this time around . . . any users that would like to add your input, appreciate your response.

Profilux vs Cerebra

I have both here. You can't even compare the two. The Cererba is effectively non existent at this stage. The first Cerebra was essentially a beta device that is slated to be replaced by a new controller at some point in the future. The original one never really got off the ground. A few hundred were released with the basic probes and power bars but the software development ended several months ago to allow resources to be devoted to the next gen Cerebra which was slated to be released this last may but has seen delays. No telling when the new one will be released or how long it will take for the new one to be comparable to controllers like the Profilux that have had a decade or more worth of development and time in users hands.

naimasreef
09/23/2017, 01:20 PM
Profilux it is . . . from what I read, looks like it is pc only programmable.

Cerebra seemed like a cool idea and I liked the look of the hardware . . . but the Profilux in white, can't be beat for sexy looks.

Could I use my iPad/phone to manage?

thanks

slief
09/23/2017, 02:31 PM
Profilux it is . . . from what I read, looks like it is pc only programmable.

Cerebra seemed like a cool idea and I liked the look of the hardware . . . but the Profilux in white, can't be beat for sexy looks.

Could I use my iPad/phone to manage?

thanks

Yes.. The profilux can be managed and programmed via the iphone and iPad through MyGHL cloud but the Windows based GHL Control Center allows for many advanced programming functions that aren't found in MyGHL.

fcmatt
09/23/2017, 03:01 PM
When you think about how much these controllers cost do not make a decision based on Windows or Mac. If needed you could buy a used laptop running Windows 7 for 100 bucks. A drop in the bucket when talking 1000 plus for a fully equipped controller.

naimasreef
09/23/2017, 03:32 PM
perfect response from both you . . . thanks, really appreciate it.

nice to have the itch again, maybe will post up the build out . . . all the best.