PDA

View Full Version : What happens to my APEX when I lose power?

RussC
09/23/2017, 08:31 PM
What happens to the Neptune Apex if there is a power outage? Does it have built in memory? What happens when power is restored?

I'm sitting here watching it storm at my house and this just came to mind...

rocsec1
09/23/2017, 09:04 PM
Mine starts back up when the power is restored

ca1ore
09/23/2017, 09:24 PM
It retains memory of all programming (presumably contains a rechargeable battery), though for how long I could not say. A while I would imagine. If the brain loses power but the outlets do not, than they behave as programmed with the FALLBACK command. If you completely lose power then it simply restarts when power is restored.

SycoCell
09/24/2017, 05:35 AM
Basically what everyone says above, however, I notice that when power restores, I have to reset my Apex to get it to reconnect to the wifi. Otherwise, everything just wakes right back up and runs as if no issues. Enable the "Heartbeat" function.

dorry54
09/26/2017, 08:22 AM
it emails you to let you know of a power loss and fires back up. if it missed a dose, or a feeding i wish it would know to go back to and it , but right now it does not

Dr. Jeffles
09/26/2017, 11:24 AM
Yeah, when mine crashes it remembers everything, just clicks back on. It misses feedings sometimes though.

mako61
09/26/2017, 11:55 AM
it emails you to let you know of a power loss and fires back up. if it missed a dose, or a feeding i wish it would know to go back to and it , but right now it does not

It pretty much has to just start where it is, otherwise it gets very complex very quickly. Something like that sounds easy at first, but in practice it a very nasty can-o-worms.

hkgar
09/27/2017, 01:45 PM
Basically what everyone says above, however, I notice that when power restores, I have to reset my Apex to get it to reconnect to the wifi. Otherwise, everything just wakes right back up and runs as if no issues. Enable the "Heartbeat" function.

Your IP address in the network setup is probably changing. DHCP needs to be disabled.