PDA

View Full Version : Leveling a RD230 for a Closed Loop

jlfalin
09/24/2017, 05:19 PM
I am currently plumbing my RD230 for my closed loop and have an issue with the pump being level. I have a 2" ball valve on the pump inlet and a 2" on the pump output. This makes the pump sit lopsided and not on all the rubber feet. I have done my best to prop up the low sides but it is still not 100% level. Will this be a problem with leaving it like this long term? Are there any suggestions to helping get the pump level easily?

Thanks,
Levi

jlfalin
09/24/2017, 05:22 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=11571&pictureid=78620

jlfalin
09/24/2017, 05:24 PM
Although the picture is huge you can see that the intake ball valves is causing the pump to tip toward the intake. The one on the output also causes the pump to be off level in that direction. The ball valves actually weigh more than the pump. Do you think this will be an issue or have any ideas on how to level the pump somewhat.

Thanks,

ca1ore
09/24/2017, 07:00 PM
Just shim the horizontal valve.

slief
09/24/2017, 08:35 PM
As I mentioned in your other thread, you don't really need to worry about it but if were me, I would raise the pump up by placing it on something such as a rubber mat just to raise the pump up a tad. Home Depot and Lowes have some nice rubber mats that are 1/2" - 3/4" thick. You could place the pump on that so as to have more space between the floor and the unions and that is the only reason why I would do that. These pumps don't vibrate at all but it would be nice in your case to have a bit of space between those unions and the ground.