PDA

View Full Version : Bromine and Gallium?

Breakthecycle2
09/25/2017, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know anything about these elements? I had a water analysis done and these struck me s high.

Does anyone know anything about these elements? I had a water analysis done and these struck me s high.

bertoni
09/25/2017, 08:20 PM
Bromine has been discussed previously, and the level in your setup should be fine. Bromine can show up as a contaminant in calcium chloride supplies, so we have at least some experience with elevated levels.

I don't think that the gallium should be an issue, either. In addition, getting accurate results for trace metals using ICP tends to be quite expensive, and the cheaper aquarium testing companies seem to have accuracy issues.

Is the tank having any problems?

Breakthecycle2
09/26/2017, 09:57 AM
Bromine has been discussed previously, and the level in your setup should be fine. Bromine can show up as a contaminant in calcium chloride supplies, so we have at least some experience with elevated levels.

I don't think that the gallium should be an issue, either. In addition, getting accurate results for trace metals using ICP tends to be quite expensive, and the cheaper aquarium testing companies seem to have accuracy issues.

Is the tank having any problems?

Well, thats what Im trying to determine. I am having some coral issues. Not sure if it was lighting or something else.

bertoni
09/26/2017, 02:33 PM
I doubt that the gallium or bromine are an issue.