PDA

View Full Version : Outside air for my protein skimmer

valenbj
09/26/2017, 10:32 AM
So I've been having problems maintaining a high pH. My tank is located in my basement so I thought CO2 might be the issue. I got a CO2 scrubber from bulk reef and it works great - I can immediately see the pH start to rise after putting it in place....but the media only works for a couple of days before being depleted.

So I assume the long term fix is to run a line outside. I was planning on running some pvc the 15 or so feet, but my question is: how do I prevent creepy crawlies from getting in the pipe and I'm also worried about any chemicals from the weed spraying outside. I assume I would run carbon.

Any suggestions on how to hook this all up to prevent bugs and such getting in and using carbon? all without impeding the flow of fresh air?

mcgyvr
09/26/2017, 10:57 AM
A filter and put it in a location not accessible to weed sprays..

Zephrant
10/06/2017, 11:48 AM
I put in a bath exhaust fan on a three-speed switch. I run it on low to pull air out of my fish room and occasionally kick it on high if something smelly is going on.

So instead of bringing in outside air, you might consider just exhausting a little air to get more airflow in your area.

reefinder
10/06/2017, 02:50 PM
How big is your system that the media only last a couple days for your tank?