PDA

View Full Version : Rodi storage container

Weld and Water
09/26/2017, 06:22 PM
So for the last week or so ive started to notice tds rising in my rodi storage containers. Im getting 0 from the unit itself but after it sits in the container it slowly climbs to 12 and its so frustrating. My container is a 40 gallon trash can that says its food safe. I clean it out about once every two weeks but to no effect. What do you guys use/recommend for water storage.
Thanks in advance!

scuzy
09/26/2017, 08:39 PM
What brand of trash can? Brute? I have transport barrels with great success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nereefpat
09/26/2017, 09:37 PM
Does it have a lid? RODI water is a magnet for dust, etc. I wouldn't be too alarmed.

tkeracer619
09/26/2017, 11:08 PM
I use ace roto mold poly storage tanks. My RODI tank has a closed loop running through mixed bed DI. It keeps the tank at 0tds. That said it is overkill.

homer1475
09/27/2017, 04:18 AM
Mine sits for a while in a Brute after I make it. It will climb to 10 or so TDS depending on how long I let it sit before using. RO/DI is a magnet and even dust in the air will cause the TDS to creep up. I wouldn't sweat it and just keep using it.

McPuff
09/27/2017, 05:44 AM
I use ace roto mold poly storage tanks. My RODI tank has a closed loop running through mixed bed DI. It keeps the tank at 0tds. That said it is overkill.

I have moved to Norwesco but same concept. I absolutely LOVE this storage tank and how easy it has made everything.

That said, the brute was my former setup and it worked fine. I never tested the TDS in the tank, only on it's way through the RO/DI system. As the others have said, the only time I ever saw any changes is when the TDS in the RO/DI system would begin to go up. Dust will get into your tank anyway whether it's in the RO storage container or the DT itself.

Weld and Water
09/27/2017, 06:14 AM
Thanks everyone for he replies. I have two of those 40 gallon brute containers. Is there a time limit on how long the ro water will last before its contaminated of anything else

mcgyvr
09/27/2017, 06:42 AM
Thanks everyone for he replies. I have two of those 40 gallon brute containers. Is there a time limit on how long the ro water will last before its contaminated of anything else

It can be stored indefinitely if fully sealed..
If you leave the top off or any opening its going to continue to get filled with dust,etc..
That does not mean its bad at all..

But its best to store your RO/DI water with a tight fitting lid and then you can keep it for a very very long time..

Weld and Water
09/27/2017, 06:45 AM
It can be stored indefinitely if fully sealed..
If you leave the top off or any opening its going to continue to get filled with dust,etc..
That does not mean its bad at all..

But its best to store your RO/DI water with a tight fitting lid and then you can keep it for a very very long time..

I really appreciate this, very helpful