PDA

View Full Version : Different color corals

ahuaia
09/26/2017, 09:13 PM
Hay everyone I've been at work on my reef tank for a while now and it is looking nice. Anyways one of my goals for the tank is to get ever color into the tank through coral. Right now I have purple,green, red, and pink . I still need blue, (although I was thinking of getting a blue clam sooo don't need it as bad) yellow, orange black and white. I would like to stick to single color or two color coral none of those rainbow coral there cool but it's not what I'm looking for. I would love some suggestions what should be the next peace to go in my tank?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kremis
09/26/2017, 10:43 PM
for blue you could do a blue trumpet coral
yellow leather corals
orange you could go with a NPS like a tube coral or an orange ricordea mushroom, or an orange fungia
black there are very few, only one that pops into my mind is is a black tube coral

white is the color of death, why do you want it in your tank lol

bjwoody15
09/27/2017, 06:38 AM
you could try a bubble coral. They are normally white.

billdogg
09/27/2017, 06:40 AM
I have several different blue Acropora sp. in my tank. Monti's come in a variety of colors as well.

soulpatch
09/27/2017, 09:46 AM
oregon tort is by far the most vibrant blue I have in my tank.

White you could do some of the clove polyps or such to get that color.

black there are black NPS corals

DivingTheWorld
09/27/2017, 10:03 AM
Are you looking for SPS or softies? For SPS in blue, there are various Millis, Oregon Tort, Blueberry Tort, etc. For yellow, there is RR Pink Floyd or Pink Lemonade. For orange, there are various Montis like Setosa or RR. There is an orange milli I've been looking for (RR Event Horizon). For white, there is RR The Vinh which is white with purple tips. I have no idea on the black, sorry.

soulpatch
09/27/2017, 10:32 AM
Are you looking for SPS or softies? For SPS in blue, there are various Millis, Oregon Tort, Blueberry Tort, etc. For yellow, there is RR Pink Floyd or Pink Lemonade. For orange, there are various Montis like Setosa or RR. There is an orange milli I've been looking for (RR Event Horizon). For white, there is RR The Vinh which is white with purple tips. I have no idea on the black, sorry.

I have RR event horizon frag I just got growing out now. Shoot me a PM or make a note to ping me in a couple months and perhaps we can work out a swap or sale...

is null
09/27/2017, 04:50 PM
I've been doing the same, but it's a secondary priority to just more variety. Checking off a new color is just a bonus. What do you have for purple, green, red, and pink?