PDA

View Full Version : New addition /s

gareth.hubbarde
09/30/2017, 09:08 AM
Since the untimely death of my dwarf angel my tank is looking quite empty with nothing really swimming around. It is stocked as below.
After recommendations for 1 or two reef safe additions. I like my shrimps but it's only the cleaner that is visible unless it's feeding time. The algae blenny is awesome but not really a swimmer. The tank is 6 months old and stable with soft corals and 2 lps.

94litre kent marine bio reef
17kg live rock
4kg sand, 2kg as live.
100g fluval clearmax
Filter floss
1000 l/pH return pump
100w heater
Hydor 3200 wave maker
Tmc aquabar t series leds:
Fiji purple 80%
Reef white 60%

1 Mexican turbo snail
1 turbo snails
3 red legged hermit crab
1 blue legged hermit
2 nassarius snails
2 super nassarius

1 lawnmower blenny
1 hi fin goby
1 Tiger pistol shrimp
1 red fire shrimp
1 skunk cleaner shrimp https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/fcc84ffd62f6b508ca29e5bda732f551.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/51e6efa19114d381bd5ba7ee27e77a68.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

deputydawg88
10/01/2017, 03:25 AM
How did the dwarf angel die?

I have a couple of banggai cardinals that have done a good job of making the rest of my inhabitants more bold.

gareth.hubbarde
10/01/2017, 03:47 AM
How did the dwarf angel die?

I have a couple of banggai cardinals that have done a good job of making the rest of my inhabitants more bold.I don't know what happened to it, it was fine then one day hid all day. The next morning it was in the clutches of cleaning shrimp. [emoji53]
Am looking for something that coukd swim around a bit now. Would those cardinals do that?
Thank you for your reply BTW.

deputydawg88
10/01/2017, 03:50 AM
I don't know what happened to it, it was fine then one day hid all day. The next morning it was in the clutches of cleaning shrimp. [emoji53]
Am looking for something that coukd swim around a bit now. Would those cardinals do that?
Thank you for your reply BTW.

Sorry to hear that.

Yep, banggai cardinals swim/float around in the water column. They dart about a bit when they see or think they see food and they're a pretty peaceful fish. Would get on with everything you've got in your tank currently.

My starry blenny was a bit shy before I got the cardinals but he's often out and about now.

gareth.hubbarde
10/01/2017, 03:51 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Yep, banggai cardinals swim/float around in the water column. They dart about a bit when they see or think they see food and they're a pretty peaceful fish. Would get on with everything you've got in your tank currently.

My starry blenny was a bit shy before I got the cardinals but he's often out and about now.Cool thanks for your replies, it is appreciated.

schnebbles
10/01/2017, 07:36 AM
I love my clowns. I'm not sure what size tank they require but they are always out. Always! My flame hawk is out all the time too but he isn't 100% shrimp safe so maybe not one of those. They have one in a tank that looks like that at the LFS. My firefish is out often, not always but often.