PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion on Chaeto

Kardjunkie
09/30/2017, 04:49 PM
I have started using chaeto for nutrient removal and is working fairly well. Currently using a DIY chaeto reactor.

My question is what to do with the chaeto? I have tried giving it away locally with no takers. I have traded some with a local pet store, for literally next to nothing in trade in. I have also just thrown it trash.

Understand I hate to just to throw it away and getting nowhere giving it away or trading it away.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am starting to think that just throwing it away is my only options.

Be nice if there was a commercial use for it beside in our tanks lol, possibly help offset the expense we put into our tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeJeune981
09/30/2017, 04:58 PM
I have started using chaeto for nutrient removal and is working fairly well. Currently using a DIY chaeto reactor.

My question is what to do with the chaeto? I have tried giving it away locally with no takers. I have traded some with a local pet store, for literally next to nothing in trade in. I have also just thrown it trash.

Understand I hate to just to throw it away and getting nowhere giving it away or trading it away.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am starting to think that just throwing it away is my only options.

Be nice if there was a commercial use for it beside in our tanks lol, possibly help offset the expense we put into our tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm looking for some more cheato

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

mcgyvr
09/30/2017, 05:08 PM
users here sell it for like ~$15 a quart sized bag shipped in the for sale section all the time..
ebay,etc...

Kardjunkie
09/30/2017, 05:20 PM
I'm looking for some more cheato

Where are you located? I am central Ohio?

Kardjunkie
09/30/2017, 05:23 PM
users here sell it for like ~$15 a quart sized bag shipped in the for sale section all the time..
ebay,etc...

Thanks I will look into it.

LeJeune981
09/30/2017, 05:26 PM
Where are you located? I am central Ohio?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSandusky ohio area

Denbf58
10/01/2017, 07:23 AM
i give to lfs

dee99gt
10/03/2017, 02:56 PM
I'm looking for some. I'm actually from Chillicothe (saw your other thread) but live in columbus. I'm down every so often visiting family.

Kardjunkie
10/03/2017, 03:12 PM
I just threw away a bunch but have to harvest it every two weeks so a week from this coming Sunday will have a bunch more. Let me know when may be done and I will keep some for you.

nereefpat
10/03/2017, 03:13 PM

Cellulosic ethanol? let it dry, then put it in your wood burning stove?

Tripod1404
10/03/2017, 03:50 PM
I feed some of it to my rabbitfish and tangs, and throw away the rest. Feeding it will reduce nutrient export but my fish get fresh algae daily and I still throw away the most of it.