PDA

View Full Version : Dual or single stage calcium reactor regulator??

Reef Reaper
09/30/2017, 07:05 PM
Has anyone had an issue with a single stage regulator when the co2 tank runs low on co2? I heard it can cause a co2 dump. What are good dual stage regulators without having to go the carbon doser route? Thank you for looking

LQT
09/30/2017, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately, most of the cheap off the shelf regulators like Milwaukee, Reef Fanatic, etc are single stage with cheap inconsistent metering valves. Even the expensive carbondoser essentially has a cheap single stage regulator attached to it. For a quality dual stage regulator, you can PM Alanle as he can custom build you a quality dual stage. I believe Greenleaf Aquariums also build quality dual stage regulators as well. Or you could go the DIY route as laid out by the Alanle DIY CO2 regulator thread.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2461771

scuzy
09/30/2017, 09:58 PM
Dual stage is the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reef Reaper
10/01/2017, 06:32 PM
Are there other reliable companies other than Greenleaf aquarium? I was just curious .

Thanks

LQT
10/01/2017, 07:17 PM
I don’t think so unfortunately... :( If you’re interested in a DIY, I have a spare dual stage regulator that’s ready to be DIY’d if you’re interested. Shoot me a PM and I could walk you through all the parts you need for a killer regulator.

HippieSmell
10/01/2017, 10:22 PM
Get a dual stage off of eBay. Just be certain you know exactly what you need and what you're buying.