PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a red haddoni?

D-Nak
09/30/2017, 10:10 PM
I stopped by Aquatic Collection in Hayward, CA today and they had a really nice red haddoni. It was fully open at about 9" which is a perfect size for a smaller tank, and at that size it should ship well (they'll ship). Sorry, I forgot to take a photo, but I'm sure they can provide one if asked.

Tell them Derrick sent you. :wavehand:

Kinetic
10/01/2017, 01:50 AM
So tempting. Any magnificas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliving1
10/01/2017, 07:42 AM
That is very tempting. What was it going for?

D-Nak
10/01/2017, 09:02 AM

Oh, if I saw a mag you'd be the first person I'd tell. I haven't seen any in a while, unfortunately, especially the nicer colored ones.

That is very tempting. What was it going for?

I'm guessing in the $500+ range, but you'll need to call them for a quote.

Kinetic
10/01/2017, 11:51 AM
Oh, if I saw a mag you'd be the first person I'd tell. I haven't seen any in a while, unfortunately, especially the nicer colored ones.

Thank you! It was crazy when I first decided to get a mag for this next tank, I saw one at Aquatic Collection. it was also the first time I was at AC in years. Of course, my tank wasn't ready, but I was thinking: "man, these things must be common now."

But yeah, haven't seen one since!

pfan151
10/02/2017, 06:57 AM

There is a pretty nice looking mag on eBay. Overpriced though. not the greatest pics either.

D-Nak
10/02/2017, 09:28 AM
There is a pretty nice looking mag on eBay. Overpriced though. not the greatest pics either.

Wow, I just saw it. That's a $100 mag all day, every day.

pfan151
10/02/2017, 09:45 AM
Wow, I just saw it. That's a $100 mag all day, every day.

I think they are a bit more outside of California but still at least $100 too much imo. Free shipping helps a bit though. I just priced shipping a couple anemones to NJ and the cheapest I could get even with my small FedEx account discount was $90. Tough for the smaller company's to be competitive when the big guys get 66%-75% off shipping prices. I'm just a hobbiest but I can't even ship a live aquaria sized box for under a hundred dollars if there is a decent amount of water in it, but live aquaria can manage to send me a $99 helfrichi firefish with free shipping.

D-Nak
10/02/2017, 10:11 AM
I think they are a bit more outside of California but still at least $100 too much imo. Free shipping helps a bit though. I just priced shipping a couple anemones to NJ and the cheapest I could get even with my small FedEx account discount was $90. Tough for the smaller company's to be competitive when the big guys get 66%-75% off shipping prices. I'm just a hobbiest but I can't even ship a live aquaria sized box for under a hundred dollars if there is a decent amount of water in it, but live aquaria can manage to send me a $99 helfrichi firefish with free shipping.

I know this group has talked about it in the past, but I still wonder if mags can be shipped without much water to save on shipping, just enough water to keep them wet. Of course, no one wants to do this experiment with their own mag and on their dime, but it would be a good opportunity to see what's possible. I know that some exporters still ship them "dry" to save on shipping.

Aside from the standard tan base mag, the purple with white tip morph seems to be very common. The one I had split naturally, which leads me to believe that they're very hardy.

anemoneguy
10/02/2017, 10:14 AM
I have always requested getting any anemone shipped to me be in the least amount of water possible. They seem to come in better and yeah its much cheaper.

pfan151
10/02/2017, 10:56 AM
I know this group has talked about it in the past, but I still wonder if mags can be shipped without much water to save on shipping, just enough water to keep them wet. Of course, no one wants to do this experiment with their own mag and on their dime, but it would be a good opportunity to see what's possible. I know that some exporters still ship them "dry" to save on shipping.

Aside from the standard tan base mag, the purple with white tip morph seems to be very common. The one I had split naturally, which leads me to believe that they're very hardy.

My green gig came in dry just last week. Not on purpose. Bag split. It arrived in about 2oz of water. No idea how long it was like that though. FedEx handed me the box wrapped in plastic wrap. Anemone looked perfect within ten mins of going in the tank. I kind of think if the anemone was healthy before shipping it will do fine. Assuming the delivery doesn't get delayed.