PDA

View Full Version : Jebao noise compared to other wave makers

conjuay
10/01/2017, 07:34 AM
I recently purchased a Jebao WP 60 and I'm impressed with the amount of water it moves. But it is noisy. (My wife calls it "Moaning Myrtle"). How noisy are the Eco-Tech and other high end wave makers? For reference, I'm running a one hundred gallon long, if that matters. I had two/three Hydor Koralias initially and one started to leak voltage. That's when I decided to try a wave maker. BTW, the Jebao plays chromatically between "D" and "F#" in reef mode. :strange:

mcgyvr
10/01/2017, 07:57 AM
WP is an older series and is more noisy and more prone to failure..
You should have purchased a PP or SW (I think OW is the newest that just came out) which are "better" than the WP hands down..
I had a WP a long time ago and now have the PP and the difference is considerable.. PP is far quieter..
I can hear it when I have my ear up on the magnet or within about a foot of it.. other than that I can't..

Wavemakers of all kinds make noise.. ecotechs aren't quite by any means but they are quieter than the old WP pumps.. But you bought the cheapest so.... ;)

conjuay
10/01/2017, 08:14 AM
Initially, I couldn't figure which series was older/newer. I did purchase through Amazon, and will send this one back. Thanks for the info on the new series, I think I will give the 'latest and greatest(?) a try!

SycoCell
10/01/2017, 08:45 AM
My two Jebao SW-15 are damn near silent.

greg683x
10/01/2017, 10:08 AM
I have 3 rw8s in my 90gallon and they're completely silent

ssky
10/02/2017, 11:05 AM
I use PP8 and that thing is dead silent.

kendrid
10/02/2017, 06:29 PM
I have RW8s and a PP-15 and they are pretty much silent.

EcoTech are louder. I tried a QuietDrive and the Jebaos were much quieter so I stuck with them. I've had one fail in three years.

Smokey Stover
10/02/2017, 07:05 PM
My SW-8's are very quiet, you only hear the water rippling across the surface with just one pointed upwards to keep surface agitated. Had to find a happy medium, Due to wife calling it Chinese water torture lol. It is totally silent for a while, Then it does a kinda Sploosh, Plop, sound when some of the waves randomly combine at the overflow, Then all quiet for a while, Just when you think it's stopped, Sploosh, lol.

Pslreefer
10/02/2017, 07:49 PM
I have an rw and pp 15, they are loud in my opinion. Jebao always have that moaning/tonal sound to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQsmooth
10/03/2017, 09:33 PM
I have 2 PP-15, and I can tell 1 is slighty louder than the other, they are definitely not silent.