PDA

View Full Version : Fish Wish List!

JWCB
10/02/2017, 12:45 AM
So I'm starting to piece together my wish list and this is what I've come up with for my new 120g:

Fish

2 Clownfish (looking at the Frostbite Ocellaris or Black Ice Ocellaris)
Red Fin High Banded Goby (to be paired with Pistol Shrimp)
Coral Beauty Angelfish
3 Sunburst Anthias
Tailspot Blenny, Midas Blenny, scribble Blenny, eyelash Blenny (choices!?)
Purple Firefish
Flasher Wrasse
Kole Tang

*Powderblue Tang* this is my dream fish that I've wanted since I was in middle school. It's more temperamental, aggressive, and susceptible to diseases than the Kole so I *may* add this later or just give up on "the dream"

Inverts
Tiger Pistol Shrimp
2-3 Cleaner shrimp
5-7 Sexy Shrimp
RBTA
Clam(s)

Corals & Misc
Zoanthids
Acropora
Montipora
Chalice
Brains
Acans

I'd love some feedback for any incompatibilities that I've missed or warnings/advise.

Moto_fish
10/02/2017, 01:43 AM
In queen creek as well, hopefully we can swap some frags someday! Only thing I see an issue with would be the sexy shrimp getting lost in such a big tank

Reefpuck
10/02/2017, 08:12 AM
You have a very similar list to mine. I also plan on adding a small Kole tang last (over a year after my first addition). I used to have a powder blue and chevron tang in my 120g, both which I added within a month of one another. Never had any issues with either, both were model citizens.

I don't see any issues with your list. There's just the typical "Angel may pick at your corals".

mike61289
10/02/2017, 10:23 AM
So I'm starting to piece together my wish list and this is what I've come up with for my new 120g:

Fish

2 Clownfish (looking at the Frostbite Ocellaris or Black Ice Ocellaris)
Red Fin High Banded Goby (to be paired with Pistol Shrimp)
Coral Beauty Angelfish
3 Sunburst Anthias
Tailspot Blenny, Midas Blenny, scribble Blenny, eyelash Blenny (choices!?)
Purple Firefish
Flasher Wrasse
Kole Tang

*Powderblue Tang* this is my dream fish that I've wanted since I was in middle school. It's more temperamental, aggressive, and susceptible to diseases than the Kole so I *may* add this later or just give up on "the dream"

Inverts
Tiger Pistol Shrimp
2-3 Cleaner shrimp
5-7 Sexy Shrimp
RBTA
Clam(s)

Corals & Misc
Zoanthids
Acropora
Montipora
Chalice
Brains
Acans

I'd love some feedback for any incompatibilities that I've missed or warnings/advise.

Sexy shrimps usually become quick snacks for most fish. They're just too tiny and show it off with their wiggling around. Most fish can't resist but sample. Stick to 2 cleaner shrimps. For the sake of having a great cleanup crew, add some snails (trochus, turbo, astrea, nassarius) and crabs (halloween hermits, electric blue leg hermits, emeralds) to your list to help clean up some algae and waste.

Sunburst anthias don't do well in groups as other species of anthias do. You should consider only adding 1 or switching to a species that does better in groups. Even better suggestion: add a variety of flasher wrasse species! They're easier to keep and add more color in my opinion.

Avoid the powder blue idea until you have a bigger tank. Your tank is big, yes, but powder blues love to swim across huge reefs. I've seen them in the wild while scuba diving and think they should just stay in the ocean because they are far less prone to the diseases we expose them to from their stress.

As far as coral go, you should be fine. Just note that acropora are more difficult to keep than zoanthids and the other coral listed. They have high calcium demands and need pristine water conditions. Ironically, zoanthids tend to do better in "dirty" water. You'll need to find the balance between super clean and dirty to maintain both.

JWCB
10/02/2017, 10:28 PM
In queen creek as well, hopefully we can swap some frags someday! Only thing I see an issue with would be the sexy shrimp getting lost in such a big tank

I'd love to swap frags once I have some haha. I'm really interested in some frag swap events to get started once my levels are in order

Moto_fish
10/04/2017, 07:06 AM
I'd love to swap frags once I have some haha. I'm really interested in some frag swap events to get started once my levels are in order

Legit qt everything. Brought in a frag that had velvet (I think) and killed my clowns in my 34G within 48 hours, and 3 days later, as of last night all my fish are out of my 190G in quarantine with velvet as well. Didn't QT and the consequences are now weighing heavy.

scooter31707
10/06/2017, 12:23 PM
Please don't add the Powder Blue to that tank. Other than that I don't see no issues.