PDA

View Full Version : GFO in media reactor

NorwayEagle
10/02/2017, 03:33 AM
Hi

I have a Eco Dreambox equipped With both a media filter and a pellet filter. The pellet filter is not in use since I do not use pellet. I use carbon in the mediafilter and a Phosbanreactor hanging on the sumps outside for Rowaphos GFO.

I wonder if anyone use a media, or pellet filter for GFO, and if so, any experiences they would like to share?

ReefClownMIA
10/02/2017, 10:31 AM
I do - use Rowa and Fauna Marin Ultra Phos in my media reactor. You can just remove the cone in the Pellet filter, and insert sponges top/bottom to keep media contained.

NorwayEagle
10/10/2017, 01:49 AM
Thanks for input.

I will test at next change of rowaphos.

Since this reactor will be connected to the RD3 Speedy 80W I use as return and another media reactor with carbon, I probably have to increase the pump speed to manage.

slief
10/10/2017, 10:06 AM
Thanks for input.

I will test at next change of rowaphos.

Since this reactor will be connected to the RD3 Speedy 80W I use as return and another media reactor with carbon, I probably have to increase the pump speed to manage.

I would suggest having a valve betweem the reactor and the return pump if you donít already have one there. That way you can fine tune the flow into the reactor.

ReefClownMIA
10/10/2017, 10:40 AM
i would suggest having a valve betweem the reactor and the return pump if you donít already have one there. That way you can fine tune the flow into the reactor.

+1 :)

NorwayEagle
10/10/2017, 11:39 AM
Of course, the Dreambox has individual valves on the return to tank, and to the two media filters.👍