PDA

View Full Version : Foxface scared and black

tlp4
10/02/2017, 04:22 PM
hello I've had my foxface for a few months when I got him I was told they are shy fish but he's always been in my face when I go up to the tank. the last few days he hides if anyone gets with in 10 feet of tank! and he's black everything reading good! only other fish is 1 clown and a bicolored dotty please help!

Cliving1
10/02/2017, 04:44 PM
What size tank? Description of the foxface indicates ot is very scared/stressed out. Any new additions?

tlp4
10/02/2017, 04:46 PM
125 and no changes!

Joshua I.
10/02/2017, 05:50 PM
He might have just have become like that I would try when feeding put your hand in the tank and he might get used to people and come out thinking theres food for him.

tlp4
10/02/2017, 05:52 PM
I'll try normally he's my vacuum when it's time to eat... haven't seen him eat for 2 days but plenty of food goes behind rocks where he is

cincyjim
10/03/2017, 07:02 AM
My Foxface is the biggest scaredy-cat there is!!! Anyone approaching the tank and he zips to hid under a rock or gets as close to the back wall and sand as possible. He'll also change his color to drab black or something close to that as well. Funny thing is he's the most poisonous fish in the tank but the biggest chicken lol.

tjm9331
10/03/2017, 07:03 AM
a foxface not eating...IME that spells trouble, did you QT the fish when you got him a couple of months ago?

if you can get a good close look at him have a look for some white spots, they are hard to see on a foxface when they camouflage usually when a foxface stops eating he's ill

my one spot is a hoover usually but as soon as I noticed he stopped eating is when I noticed some small white spots on his side and fins, treated him for ich and now he's back to eating like a champ

cincyjim
10/03/2017, 12:42 PM
Is it possible that you could feed them and then get out of the fish's sight so you can monitor if he is eating or not? Keep in mind that fish can see out of tank about 15-25 feet depending on the fish.