PDA

View Full Version : reefrocks.net

CTaylor
10/03/2017, 11:47 AM
Has anyone ordered recently?
The paypal link from the site doesn't work. And it's the only option to pay. When I call the phone listed, the outgoing message is not a business. It's just a standard leave a message type thing. I'm hoping to get rocks from him, since he's so highly rated and cheap!

Thanks!

CTaylor
10/03/2017, 01:34 PM
He called me actually... He's taking orders, but for now it's with check. Which is fine. Super nice guy to talk to on the phone, definitely who I want to buy rocks from!

soulpatch
10/03/2017, 01:57 PM
check...no way for me. I would instead order from either marco rocks or reefcleaners.org who both have the exact same florida rock... Least there they have their site and paypal set up for a secure transaction.

mcgyvr
10/03/2017, 02:01 PM
I too would suggest just ordering from reefcleaners.org..

Sadly reefrocks just isn't what it used to be.. They chose their path..

WatDatThing
10/03/2017, 02:32 PM
People still use check? PayPal or CC only.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

mcgyvr
10/03/2017, 02:40 PM
People still use check? PayPal or CC only.

I laugh when I see that you can use paypal at Home Depot..
I always ask the cashiers if they have ever had anyone use it.. Most all say they remember that one time when someone did..

But yes.. only old people and very small businesses use checks.
Credit card merchant fees that you pay to accept credit cards are usually too much for a small business that isn't smart enough to factor in the cost of the lost sales of not accepting them..

WatDatThing
10/03/2017, 02:44 PM
Every so often I got stuck behind a senior person writing check in the express line. Grrr.ggg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

soulpatch
10/03/2017, 02:45 PM
I have used paypal at Home Depot quite a few times actually as well as other places. Allows me to use a balance right away as opposed to waiting the day or so for it to hit my bank account.

CTaylor
10/03/2017, 02:55 PM
I know.. I feel badly just had to tell him i can't send a check. But everyone is right, it's a no way

mcgyvr
10/03/2017, 03:03 PM
I have used paypal at Home Depot quite a few times actually as well as other places. Allows me to use a balance right away as opposed to waiting the day or so for it to hit my bank account.

So you're the guy..

mcgyvr
10/03/2017, 03:03 PM
Every so often I got stuck behind a senior person writing check in the express line. Grrr.ggg

And you know darn well they have a debit card... same damn thing

soulpatch
10/03/2017, 03:21 PM
So you're the guy..

yes sir. LOL.

It also works at Best Buy and other places when you want to hide purchases from the wife.

I have her convinced that the sound bar and fridge in my man cave/fish room was from college or came with the big tv in our living room.

CTaylor
10/03/2017, 03:35 PM
no naaat me lolol . .. odering from reefcleaners now :)

MurphyLong
10/04/2017, 09:53 AM
In case you guys didn't know, with PayPal, you can transfer from your PayPal balance to your account in less than 30 minutes now, via their new Debit refund method.... but I too use PayPal for things I buy under the radar.

der_wille_zur_macht
10/04/2017, 10:48 AM
I don't have checks but I will gladly use them when necessary - via online banking bill pay, which drops to a paper check by default when my bank doesn't have an EFT relationship with a specific merchant.

The complexities of newer, electronic payment methods are really all about different people trying to get a piece of the interchange fee. It's too bad that the consumer and merchant sometimes get lost in the mix. The irony is that a real paper check is much more expensive for a financial institution to actually process, but it's pretty much the one non-cash vehicle that doesn't have a convenient way for the FI to get paid for processing it.