PDA

View Full Version : UV Sterilizer / Protein Skimmer

jshea1212
10/04/2017, 05:58 PM
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. If this is in the wrong place please let me know. I down sized my 172 reef tank to a red sea max 250 (66 gal) . This is the one with the "sump" in the back. I was hoping someone could recommend a protein skimmer and UV Sterilizer for this unit.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

slief
10/05/2017, 12:54 AM
For the UV, I would suggest the AquaUV 40 watt or 57 watt. Either would work but the 57 does have a smaller form factor. Id also suggest the twist option which allows you to rotate the body in the center so you can have the inlet and outlet pointing different directions which helps with plumbing. AquaUV makes the best UV sterilzers and is the only company to truly rate and test their UVs for salt water. They also have the best bulbs and by far the best support and distribution network.

As for the skimmer, I will stay out of that once since I am biased but it would certainly help to know your budget because you can spend anywhere from $150 to over $1000 on a skimmer for a tank that size.

jshea1212
10/05/2017, 06:16 AM
For the UV, I would suggest the AquaUV 40 watt or 57 watt. Either would work but the 57 does have a smaller form factor. Id also suggest the twist option which allows you to rotate the body in the center so you can have the inlet and outlet pointing different directions which helps with plumbing. AquaUV makes the best UV sterilzers and is the only company to truly rate and test their UVs for salt water. They also have the best bulbs and by far the best support and distribution network.

As for the skimmer, I will stay out of that once since I am biased but it would certainly help to know your budget because you can spend anywhere from $150 to over $1000 on a skimmer for a tank that size.Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk