PDA

View Full Version : Does bottom of stand need to be touching all the way around?

drew930
10/04/2017, 05:13 PM
Bought a 125 gallon locally. Great deal on everything but curious whether the stand will be an issue ....

6' 125 gallon, so the stand is 72x18 footprint... the stand has an open back with a middle brace ...

Where the end of tank and middle brace are it seems there was more force pressing down... so between the middle brace the bottom trim of stand is "warping" up where there is less pressure. (The tank was on carpet)...

This is a standard trimmed tank so I'm thinking it will be fine since middle and corners are supported but wanted to check.

Any opinions ?

Thanks

mcgyvr
10/04/2017, 05:16 PM
Probably fine.. Not sure I understand your description well enough.. but if I do its likely just fine..

scuzy
10/04/2017, 05:28 PM
You should shim it and make sure its level all around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drew930
10/04/2017, 05:34 PM
I'll try to get a pic up .... thought about sticking another vertical board to straighten it back out but didn't want to create a pressure point .

billdogg
10/04/2017, 05:40 PM
I'd like to see a picture too. Probably? ok, but that's a lot of water to clean up.

drew930
10/04/2017, 06:40 PM
Phone pics ...hopefully clear enough. You lonsee the gap on each side of the center brace .... I bought a 1x3 that is basically same Construction as the stand. I was thinking about putting that in there tight to stretch the warp back to square. As mentioned... scared though that would cause extra pressure points.

Also going on wood floor if it matters. So it won't have that cushion to fill the gap.

tkeracer619
10/04/2017, 06:51 PM
Thats fine.

drew930
10/04/2017, 06:55 PM
Little crack on bottom corner too...

drew930
10/05/2017, 02:46 PM
Thats fine.

I was hoping so... I figured it's more or less putting pressure on the ends and any vertical boards rather than between the brace. Especially with a trimmed tank not a rimless ... but wanted to be sure ...

Any more insight on this .... or the slight crack on bottom corner?

Lsufan
10/05/2017, 06:02 PM
As long as the top of the stand is level & in plain it should be fine. U can always shim between the floor & the bottom of the stand. Looking at the pic u probably don't even have to worry about that because it doesn't look like u have any type of support where the stand isn't touching. If u have a support where the stand isn't touching the floor then I would place a shim under it. If the top of the stand is the same way then that would be a issue. All 4 sides of the tank need to be in contact with the stand & u can't just add a shim like u can inbetween the floor & stand.

As far as the crack, it only looks cosmetic & not really hurting the integrity of the stand. That is really just a guess without knowing more because u can't tell much with the picture.