PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing help?

Grimreaperz
10/05/2017, 10:52 AM
I recently acquired a new to me 65g RR tank and have never dealt with RR I was planning on using the 2 holes being the weir for Herbie style overflow.

Do I use the small hole for main overflow and bigger hole for emergency? Can I use durso stand pipe for the emergency?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

nereefpat
10/05/2017, 11:00 AM
Do I use the small hole for main overflow and bigger hole for emergency? Can I use durso stand pipe for the emergency?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Correct. Use the smaller hole for the syphon and the larger one for emergency.

I wouldn't put anything over the emergency, other than arguably a screen. Just a straight standpipe. No need for a durso, since it won't make any noise anyway, unless something is wrong with your syphon.

Grimreaperz
10/06/2017, 08:57 AM
Correct. Use the smaller hole for the syphon and the larger one for emergency.

I wouldn't put anything over the emergency, other than arguably a screen. Just a straight standpipe. No need for a durso, since it won't make any noise anyway, unless something is wrong with your syphon.Perfect thanks so much! Any videos you can recommend I watch on helping me plumb a reef tank? Been doing a lot of research seems kind of straight forward but always like to be certain I'm doing things right

mcgyvr
10/06/2017, 09:03 AM
Here is a good video to watch (and listen)..
It might not be exactly what you are doing but the concepts discussed are very good to know.. pay attention to their focus on redundancy..
(I think thats the video I thought it was)..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=RYhAp6GFNz8

Grimreaperz
10/07/2017, 10:38 AM
Here is a good video to watch (and listen)..
It might not be exactly what you are doing but the concepts discussed are very good to know.. pay attention to their focus on redundancy..
(I think thats the video I thought it was)..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=RYhAp6GFNz8Awesome thanks so much!