PDA

View Full Version : Flow from Return Pump

term_paint
10/05/2017, 07:54 PM
Ok going a little different i am going to make the tank low flow to keep a couple seahorse in it. 75 gallons and looking for 15% flow which is 1125 gph. I have two power heads at 240 each so that is 480 in power heads. I purchased a current eflux dc 1900gph return pump. I can adjust the flow on the pump. My question is it really possible to get 645 gph from the return pump. Right now i only have one line loc in the middle of the tank. Should i go with a spray bar or rig something to make two nozzles coming off the one nozzle? Or is it possible to get that much flow from one nozzle?

DancingShark
10/05/2017, 10:38 PM
I could not understand much. So.
15% of 75g is 11.25g. So I am guessing you want a x15 turn over rate.
Yes, you can put in a Y loc line and have two nozzles out of one. Am not sure if they have a max rate of flow.

It will probably hard or next to impossible to get the pump perfectly dial to 645gph constantly. Just cuz of height, things getting in the pump or on the propeller.

I will suggest to look for other set ups to see what people have done in terms of keeping seahorses. YouTube is always a good source.
My wife wants one but I have not looked into all they need yet. Gl.

scooter31707
10/06/2017, 10:57 AM
I recommend 3-5x turnover for your return pump. Inside the tank you want 20-40x turnover.