PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid T5/LED on 90 gallon, AI prime, Aquatic life fixture question

Vinniejt76
10/06/2017, 09:11 AM
Hey everyone,

I am getting back into the hobby and I wanna do my first reef tank. I like the idea of T5/Led hybrid lighting. I'm thinking of getting the Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture. I have a 90 gallon 48x18x24. My tank has a minimalist aquascape with 2 rock piles on either side. One about 8 inches from surface, the other about 14. I was thinking of using this fixture with the 4 t5 and 2 ai primes - one over each rock structure. I'm planning a mixed reef with sps at top of rocks. Will this work? The only thing I don't like about the Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture is that it is as wide as the tank and the T5s are pushes to the very front and back 6 inches of the fixture to make room for adding the leds down the middle. Seems like wasted light but will the ai primes on a 90 down the middle be enough?

scuzy
10/06/2017, 12:27 PM
I think that's perfect. I'm going with two 36" version running 4 ghl mitras. Can't wait for it to be release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vinniejt76
10/08/2017, 11:52 AM
Bump

rtparty
10/08/2017, 04:27 PM
I think you'll be fine at the beginning but would plan on adding at least 1 more Prime down the road when corals are growing and doing well