PDA

View Full Version : Help I think my Duncan is dying!

schnebbles
10/10/2017, 06:20 AM
It has been gorgeous with 7-8heads and growing great. I did a wc last week and immediately it shrunk and has been acting strange. What could I have done? I did not do anything different. It was so beautiful I am so bummed since nothing has changed. It was my normal 5 gallon change on a 40. Maybe more like 7 but same salt and all. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171010/d8d40c0ee7eaa1a1f03eb886a26a36e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WatDatThing
10/10/2017, 06:31 AM
Have you checked your parameters. Did you stirred up the substrate?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

mcgyvr
10/10/2017, 08:10 AM
I believe thats brown jelly disease or similar..
Try a coral dip
I think you can also use 1 part peroxide to 10 parts water..

Google for more details

billdogg
10/10/2017, 03:03 PM
I’m with mcgyvr on this. Carefully Siphon off as much as you can and then dip it. Push comes to shove, cut off the sick heads before it spreads further.

schnebbles
10/10/2017, 04:05 PM
I came home at lunch and it was just gone. I had to remove it, I was so upset, it was beautiful.

I did just check everything again, I watch things closely since I crashed my tank twice and my anemone is down a bit from where it usually is, and things are good. I have trouble with red slime and hair algae and my phosphates read 0. Gotta figure out what's going on with that.

My wc water may have been too cool, and now that I think about it, some of the salt wasn't stirred up well enough, so could salt have hurt it? I usually make sure it's stirred up but when I dumped it from the jug it appears that it wasn't. I've been just putting the salt in a 5gl jug and filling it up with RO water (I've never used RODI). I usually roll the jug around on the floor right when I get the water but it'd been sitting and I think I forgot.

It was really my prized coral :( I have another one but it's not as pretty and has only one head.

mcgyvr
10/10/2017, 04:10 PM
Just like how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.. The world will never know..

It happened.. Welcome to reefin' life.. Many times the reason for deaths is never known..
But people sure like to beat themselves up guessing/assuming..

schnebbles
10/11/2017, 06:55 PM
Just like how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.. The world will never know..

It happened.. Welcome to reefin' life.. Many times the reason for deaths is never known..
But people sure like to beat themselves up guessing/assuming..

Right! Why couldn't it have been my xenia?:lmao:

kenneth wolfe
10/12/2017, 01:52 AM
Change water more often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk