PDA

View Full Version : Baby Hippo Tang sleeping in New Euphyllia Garden

theMaroonClown
10/15/2017, 08:24 PM
Hi I have had this hippo tang (just a half dollar sized one)for several months now and it has usually slept in small crevices in between my live rocks as I think most tangs do. Yesterday I had a big coral haul of Euphyllias from a frag swap and decide to make a small garden of Euphyllia near the sand bed. As the lights went out last night, I went to check on my tank and found the hippo tang sleeping in between the newly made garden. Today i moved around my aqua scape to make it more appealing I moved my euphyllia garden to a different side in my tank. The lights have since gone out in my tank for the night and i checked up on the tank as usual. The hippo tang is again sleeping in between the garden after I moved it. My question is does this stun the growth of my euphyllias or cab the hippo tang get stung buy the coral and die over night.

Thank you in advanced.

jayball
10/16/2017, 06:25 AM
Hi I have had this hippo tang (just a half dollar sized one)for several months now and it has usually slept in small crevices in between my live rocks as I think most tangs do. Yesterday I had a big coral haul of Euphyllias from a frag swap and decide to make a small garden of Euphyllia near the sand bed. As the lights went out last night, I went to check on my tank and found the hippo tang sleeping in between the newly made garden. Today i moved around my aqua scape to make it more appealing I moved my euphyllia garden to a different side in my tank. The lights have since gone out in my tank for the night and i checked up on the tank as usual. The hippo tang is again sleeping in between the garden after I moved it. My question is does this stun the growth of my euphyllias or cab the hippo tang get stung buy the coral and die over night.

Thank you in advanced.

If the tang is getting stung than it will sleep somewhere else. I doubt that it will harm the coral as well. Clown's can but they also activly rub onto the coral (acting like it is a nem) to acclimate to the sting.

theMaroonClown
10/16/2017, 07:07 AM
Okay thank you