PDA

View Full Version : Heard of this Hermit?

RottoInspired24
10/17/2017, 04:20 AM
My LFS tells me they mainly stock "janitor hermits" and "white socked, black legged hermits". I can't find definitive photos of either but the dwarf zebra hermit sounds​ like it could be the white socked...has anyone heard of these types? If so it would be great to see pics!

Thanks guys.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

EdgeN
10/17/2017, 09:24 AM
I've never heard of those names before, but the link below might help.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/category/501/crabs?c=497+501

RottoInspired24
10/17/2017, 04:22 PM
I've never heard of those names before, but the link below might help.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/category/501/crabs?c=497+501Thank you for the reply but yeah I've looked on there too. I can't seem to find them anywhere online...next stop LFS haha

Redseadragon12
10/17/2017, 04:52 PM
My suggestion is get neither of them and go with snails instead.

EdgeN
10/18/2017, 09:29 AM
If your dead set on having hermit crabs in your tank you might want to stick with the Scarlet hermit crabs. These aren't as aggressive as some of the others out there on the market and they do a pretty god job of picking up the scraps so to say.

RottoInspired24
10/18/2017, 04:52 PM
If your dead set on having hermit crabs in your tank you might want to stick with the Scarlet hermit crabs. These aren't as aggressive as some of the others out there on the market and they do a pretty god job of picking up the scraps so to say.Yeah I've done research (on here) of which are the best ones to get... But my LFS only really gets the ones I've mentioned in... however they are saying that these ones are good at getting algae and whatnot and that they don't grow as big as some of the others.

RottoInspired24
10/18/2017, 04:54 PM
My suggestion is get neither of them and go with snails instead.I am having snails too, I've got some trochus and am waiting on them to have nassarius snails in stock.