PDA

View Full Version : Show me pics of your Carbon Dosser setups...

fixmgood
10/19/2017, 02:39 PM
As the title says can you post pics of your Carbon Dosser setups,I don't mind seeing reactors, tanks, peristaltic pumps as well. I am sure if I spent hours searching I could find some, easier this way

solitude127
10/19/2017, 02:49 PM
Just curious as to what you're looking for as far as setup goes?

fixmgood
10/19/2017, 02:56 PM
I actually want to see where you have the check valve installed. Most people that have them seem to be very happy ,I cant be counted among them at the moment.Did not get much satisfaction initially when I set this thing up and was having problems.So at the moment just a curiosity thing.

homer1475
10/20/2017, 12:31 PM
I just run vinegar through my KoreFifth. Nothing fancy about it. Put a hole in the lid of the vinegar, shove tube through hole, setup doser for my needs.

Not exactly sure what your looking for?

LQT
10/20/2017, 12:57 PM
I just run vinegar through my KoreFifth. Nothing fancy about it. Put a hole in the lid of the vinegar, shove tube through hole, setup doser for my needs.

Not exactly sure what your looking for?

I think he is looking for CarbonDoser electronic CO2 regulator and calcium reactor set up pictures. :)

homer1475
10/20/2017, 01:01 PM
I think he is looking for CarbonDoser electronic CO2 regulator and calcium reactor set up pictures. :)

....And now I feel like an idiot.....

slief
10/20/2017, 02:08 PM
My check valve is installed near the reactor.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Calcium%20Reactor/IMG_4122_zpsd4t2m0eh.jpg

fixmgood
10/20/2017, 03:29 PM
Scott how many bubbles/sec are you pushing through. I see you have the regulator pretty low as well.What is the ph in the reactor.
When I originally set mine up I had the check valve,the big grey one that came with the unit, in more or less the same place you have.I could not get a bubble through it. After talking to the guy from ....can't remember the name he said tube from the controller to the reactor should be fairly short and the check valve near the controller. which I did. I have my reg cranked up to 10psi bubble/sec is a little lower than 1. Ph in reactor is 6.93 at the moment,I have been messing with it a bit the past day or two. I am not that happy with this contraption.

fixmgood
10/20/2017, 03:30 PM
Homer 1475 intention was not to embarrass you thought it was clear,obviously not.

slief
10/20/2017, 04:29 PM
Scott how many bubbles/sec are you pushing through. I see you have the regulator pretty low as well.What is the ph in the reactor.
When I originally set mine up I had the check valve,the big grey one that came with the unit, in more or less the same place you have.I could not get a bubble through it. After talking to the guy from ....can't remember the name he said tube from the controller to the reactor should be fairly short and the check valve near the controller. which I did. I have my reg cranked up to 10psi bubble/sec is a little lower than 1. Ph in reactor is 6.93 at the moment,I have been messing with it a bit the past day or two. I am not that happy with this contraption.

Reactor pH is around 6.65-6.7. Bubble rate is one bubble every 2.7 seconds at 3 psi. Effluent rate is 65ml/min for a 700 gallon system.. Alk in my system is around 8.7, Ca 450 and Mg 1320. I use reborn with some remag in my main reactor and ARM fine in the 2nd reactor.

slief
10/20/2017, 04:35 PM
....And now I feel like an idiot.....

If it makes you feel any better, my first thought was carbon dosing as well. The mention of reactors, tanks and peristaltic pumps had me thinking he was talking about calcium reactors though. The mention of the check valve in a subsequent post confirmed in my mind that he was looking for calcium reactor info. Either way, I can understand why you were thinking of carbon dosing as the name of the regulator (Carbon Doser) can be a bit misleading. :thumbsup:

fixmgood
10/20/2017, 04:51 PM
Hmmm maybe I need to change out that check valve and see what happens.

solitude127
10/20/2017, 04:57 PM

I've been using this check valve with good success.
https://www.marinedepot.com/Dennerle_CO2_Check_Valve_CO2_Check_Valves_for_Aquariums-Dennerle-DE1111-FICOCACV-vi.html

fixmgood
10/20/2017, 05:17 PM
I've been using this check valve with good success.
https://www.marinedepot.com/Dennerle_CO2_Check_Valve_CO2_Check_Valves_for_Aquariums-Dennerle-DE1111-FICOCACV-vi.html

Thanks I will check it out.

slief
10/20/2017, 07:06 PM

Not sure why you would say that. Keep in mind that I have a Geo 818 which is a pretty large reactor so it maintains a consistent pH easy with my flow which is relatively low. A smaller reactor with the same flow might need a faster bubble count to maintain the same flow. This is speculation on my part though. If you are concerned with your check valve soak it in vinegar for a couple minutes and blow through it. The vinegar should clear out any deposits that are in there and clean it up. You can also suck some vinger into a tube and connect it to the input side of the valve and blow the vinegar through it. Then blow air through it Then connect it to the regulator and and bump the Co2 rate up to blow it out more before connecting it to the reactor. Also, if your comment is based on the reactor pH, I would also suggest verifying the calibration with some calibration fluid as you may need to recalibrate.