PDA

View Full Version : Moving -disconnected my RO system

Angel*Fish
10/22/2017, 01:41 PM
How long is it safe to leave the filters in the canisters or any ideas on how I should handle it? It can be installed in my new house for several weeks

Misled
10/22/2017, 06:05 PM
As long as the filters stay wet, you'll be fine.

Wandering
10/22/2017, 06:27 PM
Yeah keep them stored upright and shouldn't be an issue.

der_wille_zur_macht
10/23/2017, 04:39 AM
The membrane needs to be kept wet, the others don't really need any special care. I would store the membrane in fresh RO/DI water, don't expose it to tap water. I would take the opportunity to just replace the sediment and carbon pre-filters, unless they're nearly new. If you do keep them, I would rinse them well in tap water before re-use, you'll get a lot of loose material on the pre-filters and you don't want that hitting the membrane when you run it again.

Angel*Fish
10/24/2017, 06:30 PM
Thanks, y'all!The membrane needs to be kept wet, the others don't really need any special care. I would store the membrane in fresh RO/DI water, don't expose it to tap water. I would take the opportunity to just replace the sediment and carbon pre-filters, unless they're nearly new. If you do keep them, I would rinse them well in tap water before re-use, you'll get a lot of loose material on the pre-filters and you don't want that hitting the membrane when you run it again.Are you saying open up the plastic thing containing the membrane, take it out and store in like a bucket of water? Should I refrigerate it?

If I do that, I could maybe use distilled water from the store...

der_wille_zur_macht
10/24/2017, 07:39 PM
It just has to stay wet and should be in clean (non-chlorinated) water. If you can keep the housing full (ie shutting valves or whatever so it doesn't drain totally dry) then you don't need to take it out. Or you can take it out, drop it in a big ziploc, and add some water. Or put it in a bucket.

Angel*Fish
10/25/2017, 04:50 PM
It just has to stay wet and should be in clean (non-chlorinated) water. If you can keep the housing full (ie shutting valves or whatever so it doesn't drain totally dry) then you don't need to take it out. Or you can take it out, drop it in a big ziploc, and add some water. Or put it in a bucket.Thanks, I really appreciate the info :)