PDA

View Full Version : 3 Prime HD LED Module (Black) Aqua Illumination for a 125 gallon? questions...

my5girls
10/23/2017, 05:47 PM
Wanting to eventually do mixed reef. Would 3 of the lights work on my 125, 72x18x18? It has 3 center braces across the top so 2 36 inch lights won't work, I want to tank mount them. I was thinking of 3 of the Prime HD LED Module (Black) Aqua Illumination, on each 1/3 section of the tank, mounted with the arm kit onto the back of the tank.

LQT
10/23/2017, 06:45 PM
For a tank of that lenth, I think 3 Primes would be pretty under gunned (even for a mixed reef) unfortunately. A single 45 watt puck lighting a 24x18 area is asking a lot. The Prime is more appropriate as a nano light IMO. And yes, before anyone asks, I have seen BRS’s marketing video. :D What are you working with in terms of a budget?

my5girls
10/23/2017, 07:40 PM
For a tank of that lenth, I think 3 Primes would be pretty under gunned (even for a mixed reef) unfortunately. A single 45 watt puck lighting a 24x18 area is asking a lot. The Prime is more appropriate as a nano light IMO. And yes, before anyone asks, I have seen BRS’s marketing video. :D What are you working with in terms of a budget?

Would like to stick as close to $800-$1000 as I can until next summer. I don’t want anything suspended from the ceiling, so ability to tank mount with the 3 Center braces is a must.

LQT
10/23/2017, 08:06 PM
At your $1000 budget, I think a couple of the Reef Breeders Photon 32 V2s would would work well. I’m thinking you could link them together in the middle of the tank using a straight length of stainless steel tubing the same diameter used for the tank mount legs. (I’d confirm with Reef Breeders that this is a viable solution). They’re on sale according the the RB site for $499 a piece.