PDA

View Full Version : Powerhead Placement

devildog999
10/29/2017, 09:23 AM
I am going to be getting the final necessity for my seahorse tank, a EcoTech MP40. Not sure if this can even be answered but where would be a good place to place the powerhead? I'm not sure if I should go down low, up high, side of tank, etc. Do I pretty much just want to keep once side with high flow and it doesn't really matter specifically WHERE the flow is?

Thank you much

rayjay
10/30/2017, 10:16 AM
IMO it will depend on your particular setup of rock, decor and filtration in the tank. You need basically flow to keep detritus/uneaten foods in suspension long enough for filters to trap it, but don't have any blast that can push a seahorse against something and damage it.
Once set up, you will most likely just have to experiment with positioning to find what works best for your tank.

devildog999
10/30/2017, 04:23 PM
IMO it will depend on your particular setup of rock, decor and filtration in the tank. You need basically flow to keep detritus/uneaten foods in suspension long enough for filters to trap it, but don't have any blast that can push a seahorse against something and damage it.
Once set up, you will most likely just have to experiment with positioning to find what works best for your tank.

Appreciate it

seamonkey2
11/02/2017, 05:26 AM
hey Marine, you are North from me(Cibolo), i got my SH tank all set up, link up with me if you want to take a peek.
JP two1zeronine92nine567

devildog999
11/02/2017, 06:47 AM
Sounds good to me!

29 palms :( you enjoyed it that much lol