PDA

View Full Version : Eshopps r-200 3rd gen setup help

Woonkie
11/01/2017, 06:53 AM
I’m trying to get the water level up in the return section without lowering the pump power too low. I also need to lower the skimmer chamber down. But it’s not happening

Ato seems to run nonstop as well being in the return pump chamber since it’s so small maybe?

Can I put the ato in the skimmer chamber instead?

jacksonpt
11/01/2017, 10:30 AM
Just to be sure we're all talking about the same thing, is this the sump you have?

http://www.eshopps.com/media/products/big/r200.jpg

What are you using to trigger the ATO... a float switch? The eshopps website says it comes with a float valve... float switches are different than float valves. Make sure you know what you have and how to use it correctly. You may know this... just trying to be clear/complete.

To raise the water level, simply add more water... but you'll have to have your float switch or whatever is controlling your ATO raised as well.

A small return chamber will cause the ATO to kick on more frequently due to the small water volume in that chamber being more sensitive to evaporation.

GimpyFin
11/01/2017, 11:16 AM
I have the exact same sump, just the bigger version (R-300.) If you are using an ATO with the float valve that comes installed in the return section, it does maintain the return water level pretty low. I unscrewed the float valve from the mounting hole and bought a hang-on bracket to bring the float up a little higher. The skimmer chamber is also fixed at around 9 inches, so you would need to raise the skimmer on a small stand or something if you needed to work around that.

The ATO shouldn't constantly run unless the water level is way below the float, or maybe there is an issue with the float valve not closing completely. I'd double check it just to make sure. Also, since the water level drops in the return section, but stays constant in the skimmer section, you won't want to put the float in the skimmer section. Anyway, hope that helps.