PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a ATI Purple+/Coral+ combo?

JustAClownFish
11/03/2017, 01:46 PM
I'm looking for a T5 4 - 8 bulb combo. I don't want it too white but also not too blue. I thought about a mostly Purple Plus/Coral Plus combo. Anyone here who could post some pictures of a similar combo?

rtparty
11/03/2017, 01:53 PM
Way too much red and will look terrible.

Start with 4 Blue Plus and 4 Coral Plus if you want a middle of the pack look.

Haksar
11/04/2017, 09:45 AM

Sorry to steal the thread OP.

I have a four bulb T5 54W set up with leds in the middle .
What combo is would you recommends front to back .
Will a blue plus / coral plus / coral plus / blue plus work.
LED is run 100% blue and violet and 70% White.

Tank is 120x120x50cms.

rtparty
11/04/2017, 09:52 AM
Sorry to steal the thread OP.

I have a four bulb T5 54W set up with leds in the middle .
What combo is would you recommends front to back .
Will a blue plus / coral plus / coral plus / blue plus work.
LED is run 100% blue and violet and 70% White.

Tank is 120x120x50cms.With my Radium I run 2 Blue Plus, 1 Coral Plus and 1 True Actinic all from ATI. It's a great stand alone combo and also looks great with the Radium.

It will fill in a lot of the holes in your LEDs spectrum.

Haksar
11/04/2017, 10:39 AM
With my Radium I run 2 Blue Plus, 1 Coral Plus and 1 True Actinic all from ATI. It's a great stand alone combo and also looks great with the Radium.

It will fill in a lot of the holes in your LEDs spectrum.

Thanks , does the true actinic give out a good par.
What is the set up you have .
Current I am running blue plus and three coral plus
front to back.

BTW have you heard of I AQUATICS Blue plus .
Heard it’s similar to ATI blue plus .

rtparty
11/04/2017, 10:53 AM
Thanks , does the true actinic give out a good par.
What is the set up you have .
Current I am running blue plus and three coral plus
front to back.

BTW have you heard of I AQUATICS Blue plus .
Heard it’s similar to ATI blue plus .The ATI Actinic is about 50 points behind the Blue Plus after the 100 hour burn in. So still plenty.

I haven't heard of or dealt with the bulb you mention. I don't think they're in the states. Can you find out who manufactures it? Most popular T5 bulbs in the hobby are made by 2 to 3 factories and relabeled for the company. Like ATI and KZ are produced by the same company. I think Sylvania but don't quote me. I used to know all that lol

Haksar
11/04/2017, 11:37 AM
The ATI Actinic is about 50 points behind the Blue Plus after the 100 hour burn in. So still plenty.

I haven't heard of or dealt with the bulb you mention. I don't think they're in the states. Can you find out who manufactures it? Most popular T5 bulbs in the hobby are made by 2 to 3 factories and relabeled for the company. Like ATI and KZ are produced by the same company. I think Sylvania but don't quote me. I used to know all that lol

It’s a UK based company .

JustAClownFish
11/04/2017, 02:14 PM

I want to achieve a purple-ish deep see look. Of course, I was planning on supplementing with a couple blue+. That's why I said mostly coral+/purple+. I read that the purple plus is basically like an actinic bulb just with a little more red in it.

crazycolt42
11/04/2017, 02:37 PM
If you get on u-tube and search ATI bulb combos, you will get a 2 part series by advanced reef aquariums where they did several combinations of the ATI bulbs and how they illuminated the same corals. It was very helpful for me and kind of surprising. Almost everyone will recommend the blue plus bulb, but on that video it was way to blue for me. Some of the LPS corals that had shades of red or green were drowned out in blue with the blue plus. Despite hearing a lot of negative feedback regarding the aquablue special, the combo of it and actinic was the most appealing to me to bring out all the colors of the corals and not drown out all the contrasting colors to blue. I have yet to "pull the trigger" on my lighting , but I am going to have some form of T5 in it and found those videos very helpful to get an idea of what the different combos look like. Check it out! I figure all of the ATI bulbs are going to effectively grow corals, so it really comes down to the look and there is no better way to make that determination than having a direct comparison that you can actually see.

crazycolt42
11/04/2017, 02:42 PM
The only thing that was limited was they did not compare combos of "stand alone" bulbs like the aquablue special, coral plus, and blue plus. It was combos of each stand alone bulb with a "supplemental" bulb which I think consists of either the purple plus or actinic. So, it does leave me wondering how would a coral plus + blue plus look versus aquablue special + blue plus, etc.

JustAClownFish
11/04/2017, 04:54 PM
Cool thx!