PDA

View Full Version : co2 Degasser constantly overflowing

toddmau5
11/09/2017, 09:56 PM
recently added a co2 degasser to my RO set up for some very rapid DI resin depletion. The degasser worked absolutely amazing for the first 50 gallons or so. now no matter what I do it is constantly over flowing out of the top. I have shortened the return side line while increasing the overall height over the return portion. I have even increased the hose diameter from 1/4 to 3/8 in and out of the DI resin, this seemed to help for about 20 gallons, and then right back to water coming out of the top. Im assuming my next step is some sort of feed pump to move the water from the degasser through the DI resin? What type of pump is best? will a DC diaphragm pump work ok? dosing pump? what flow rate?
Thanks.

scuzy
11/10/2017, 12:44 PM
What does a co 2 degreaser do for a to rodi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddmau5
11/10/2017, 02:00 PM
What does a co 2 degreaser do for a to rodi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProI was at 50ppm of co2 in my water after the RO membrane. Co2 will not be filtered out by the RO membrane. The co2 was smoking my DI resin and, I was averaging about 100 gallons before my DI resin was spent. The degasser has helped extend the life of my DI resin so far but pulling out the co2

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk