PDA

View Full Version : Better photo for mantis id

Loganberry
11/11/2017, 06:02 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadla
11/11/2017, 08:33 AM
Upload your video from fb onto YouTube and put the link here... it’ll help more than the pic

Loganberry
11/11/2017, 09:11 AM
https://youtu.be/uRn5698Uuhw

Loganberry
11/11/2017, 09:12 AM
Upload your video from fb onto YouTube and put the link here... it’ll help more than the pic

Done thank you

Gonodactylus
11/13/2017, 10:06 AM
Probably Gonodactylellus, but I would have to guess at the species. It reminds me of G. snidsvongi, but without a better look at the teson that is only a wild guess.

Roy

Loganberry
11/13/2017, 03:49 PM
Probably Gonodactylellus, but I would have to guess at the species. It reminds me of G. snidsvongi, but without a better look at the teson that is only a wild guess.

Roy

Thank you Roy. Well iv tried to source where the rock came from, seems like the rock has gone through two previous owners, bug i think all my questions has upset someone so hasnt replied.
So without that info just guessing until i can get better pictures. Which area are they from that you suggested? So do you point blank not think its a wannerae?

I did pick another up today, no photos yet. Looks similar but red/maroon in colour supposed to originate from Java/Phillipenes.

Iv wanted one for ages and two cone up at once.

Gonodactylus
11/13/2017, 03:57 PM
Indo-Pacific

A dorsal view of the telson would be most helpful.

Roy

Loganberry
11/14/2017, 02:58 AM
Iv just had someone message me on a FB group saying it looks like a smithi.
Then same person comnented on another post saying its a wannerea, [emoji848][emoji848]
I need get some decent pictures.