PDA

View Full Version : Finding fellow reefers near you

reefmutts
11/21/2017, 03:27 PM
Was curious to see if there is a way to find fellow reefers close to you.
Just ran into someone in town that had a reef tank and was surprised to learn that they visited RC as well.

Would be convenient for shipping/ordering fish corals/food as well as sharing frags. Anyway of getting this information for people that want to be on that list?
Just a thought :)

heathlindner25
11/21/2017, 04:13 PM
Your local fish clubs will get you connected .

reefmutts
11/21/2017, 04:33 PM
Some of us don't live near a fish shop. Closest LFS is 1.5 hours drive.

heathlindner25
11/21/2017, 04:47 PM
Fish clubs, not stores.

Bruce51
11/21/2017, 04:48 PM
Also not every area has a reef club, from my local research the one here died about 5 yrs ago. Would be nice if there was a way to search members by regen.

reefmutts
11/21/2017, 04:55 PM
Yes I agree Bruce. Not everyone lives in a big city.
We dont even have a pet store where I live unless you want to count....Walmart. It has a fish department, dont think they would want to start one. :)
Im not talking about a club....You could have a neighbor right down the street from you that has a reef tank and visits RC and you wouldnt even know that that neighbor has a tank. Thats what happen to me....Im not saying that a club/LFS isnt a great source for most, but not all reefers live close a LFS or Club or large enough city to support a LFS....
Why not have a list for those that want to be on it to find fellow reefers/ Think it would only help the hobby

Fiver
11/21/2017, 04:55 PM
If you don't live in an area with a reef club, posting here and on the craigslist site for the nearest big city (telling people where you live) might be your best bet.

Good luck!

reefmutts
11/21/2017, 05:08 PM
OK, my point is that on each of our Avatars there is your user name and city...Mine Hood River, Oregon, I see that Bruce51 is from Reno NV, Healiner25 from Flowery Branch GA....Is there a way to search by area through RC??? By city state??? All I see on the members list are all the names, but no way to filter.
We are all on that list already, right? Why not produce a filter for that search, when the list is already here?....Just saying. Why put an add out on Craigs List, "Looking for a good Reefer" LOL, Which I'm not going to do.