PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Station is coming along!!!!

FLSharkvic
11/24/2017, 01:34 PM
Above my mixing station will go my BRS 6 stage RODI System with a Booster pump. For my Salt reading, I will have a Pinpoint salinity Monitor in my salt container. 1 heater when needed that will plug into my Temp Controller from Ink Bird. Hang up a 4x2' pcs of plywood, then mount the RODI & the booster pump! I still have to drill a hole from my garage to my FL room where my display is. Then I have to run some tubing for my Neptune DOS for my Automated water changes to my main Apex Panel which is under my tank..

If you have any question or concerns please let me know?

maddmaxx
11/24/2017, 03:58 PM
kudos. well done...

vanburen
11/25/2017, 07:48 AM
I’m doing Awc like this with my DOS and I could not be happier. It is so much nicer than lugging buckets. Assuming that you have an auto top off (mine runs from the ro container) you can add apex outlets for up and down salt. Up salt adds a gallon or two of saltwater which then evaporates and raises salinity. Down salt takes out a gallon which gets replaced by ato with rodi lowering salinity. I love that. And when I take water out to acclimate an animal I use up salt to replace the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reefpuck
11/25/2017, 09:49 AM
Looks good so far. Wish I had room to set one up.

Xxxtremewv
11/25/2017, 10:15 PM
Man that looks great. I wish I had room to do something like that (with the girlfriend losing her mind). Where did you get the containers at? Anywhere online?

iced98lx
11/26/2017, 09:19 PM
If you plan to run the heater all the time for the DOS to do water changes I'd suggest not, no need to with the amounts you're changing at a time, the in tank heater can easily keep up. Looks good!

homer1475
11/29/2017, 04:05 PM
Only thing I would do is add a tap on the RO/DI tank to draw plain RO/DI for cleaning testing equipment and such.

I had to redo my plumbing on my mixing station once I realized I needed RO/DI.

fullonsound
11/30/2017, 02:59 PM
Hey guy where is good place to get water storage containers for mixing station set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lapin
11/30/2017, 03:20 PM
Looks GGGGGGGGGreat. Ditto on the extra tap drain in the plumbing. You might have to drain a tank for cleaning.

""Hey guy where is good place to get water storage containers for mixing station set up?""

A local feed store here carries them. Tractor Suppy

fullonsound
11/30/2017, 06:18 PM
Hey thanks ill check that out. :fun4:

VoltzNSalt
12/02/2017, 09:50 PM
USPlastics and Tank-Depot have every size and shape of tank imaginable...

Esh1
12/02/2017, 10:15 PM
Looks great! I've my station setup in the basement, though its on the other side of the home and the tank is up stairs. Makes for a good arm workout walking across the basement then up the stairs hauling 5gl buckets. I'd have placed it closer but the floor drain would have been to far away.

I do have a closet in the room that shares a wall with a shower that never gets used and am tempted to move the station upstairs and tap into the shower line + drain. That could turn into a pricy remodel for just a closet.

urban_s
12/04/2017, 02:53 PM
Nice and clean!!

BigDave
12/05/2017, 08:57 AM
I'd add a shut-off valve between the pump and the salt-water tank after the T for the output.

I didn't at first and the first time I went to draw fresh water out of the output, the pump pushed past and up into the salt tank.

Having the last valve allows me to turn the water off to the top of the salt tank and divert it out the output. This then allows me to use the pump to draw the rest of the fresh water or salt water out of the bottom of the tanks. Otherwise, gravity won't let the water level drop below the output point.