PDA

View Full Version : Harbor freight long gloves

oldhead
12/07/2017, 07:44 AM
I bought a pair of the shoulder length gloves from Harbor Freight. The really stink. Kind of a cross between a pool float and air line tubing. I washed them with soap and water and next will be a water and vinegar bath. It says they are only made of pvc. Has anyone used these with no ill affect?

mcgyvr
12/07/2017, 09:18 AM
EVERYTHING from Harbor Freight STINKS!!!!..
I was talking to a cashier there and she said her husband makes her keep all her "work" clothing in the garage and she must take it off and change before coming in the house to avoid that "stench" in the house..

I believe I have seen posts where others have used them though without issue..

Dmorty217
12/07/2017, 10:30 AM
You will find that after a few uses the smell from inside the gloves that is left on your hands and arms will be horrific and you will throw them away.

mcgyvr
12/07/2017, 11:01 AM
You will find that after a few uses the smell from inside the gloves that is left on your hands and arms will be horrific and you will throw them away.

That applies to any "rubber" gloves as that specific smell is "self generated" :eek:

d0ughb0y
12/07/2017, 11:34 AM
are these the HF gloves?

https://www.harborfreight.com/oil-resistant-pvc-long-cuff-gloves-99677.html

they are similar to these
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3871

HF one is 2" shorter but less than half the price.

mcgyvr
12/07/2017, 11:37 AM
are these the HF gloves?

https://www.harborfreight.com/oil-resistant-pvc-long-cuff-gloves-99677.html

they are similar to these
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3871

HF one is 2" shorter but less than half the price.

yep..
In general "Harbor Freight" is the low end of quality/performance/reliability,etc... but for many things its "sufficient" and for many people its all they need.. No point in spending $300 on a hammer drill that you may only use once.

d0ughb0y
12/07/2017, 11:41 AM
I love harbor freight.
I always get the free stuff and use the 20% coupon every time I go there. I collected enough of those 4 pack microfiber cloth to last me a lifetime for wiping the aquarium glass.

oldhead
12/07/2017, 11:58 AM
As far as harbor freight goes, there are some things that are worth buying and some not. The step drill bits they have work better then the name brand uni-bit.

d0ughb0y
12/07/2017, 12:35 PM
As far as harbor freight goes, there are some things that are worth buying and some not. The step drill bits they have work better then the name brand uni-bit.

+1 on step drill bits. works great on drilling acrylic. does not catch or bind. perfect hole every time.

The other tool I got recently that I used a lot and works well is their plunge router. I should have bought it years ago.

saf1
12/07/2017, 10:08 PM
So....do what I do and just buy the shoulder length deposable OB gloves. There are various types ranging from 30 bucks for 50 on up. Personally speaking I have a box out in the garage normal length that I use when wrenching on my car, another in the kitchen when I'm handling chicken sometimes, and in the office where my tank is for power head maintenance, etc. Because my new tank is 30" deep and 30" tall I have a box of the shoulder length ready to go for similar maintenance tasks should the need arise :)

jaking
12/07/2017, 10:46 PM
I may take a look at those at hf. The amount of times I reach to the bottom of the tank is not very often...

WVfishguy
12/07/2017, 10:48 PM
I tried using those "heavy duty aqua gloves" when I began my aquarium maintenance business.

Horrible. Couldn't stand the sweat - knew it would result in some sort of skin infection.

Maybe okay with a couple tanks, but, at my peak, I had about 100 tanks on my route.

Dmorty217
12/08/2017, 07:39 AM
That applies to any "rubber" gloves as that specific smell is "self generated" :eek:

exactly

billdogg
12/08/2017, 08:42 AM

Your arms??? Or the gloves??? :rollface::fun4::rollface:

Dmorty217
12/08/2017, 01:48 PM
Your arms??? Or the gloves??? :rollface::fun4::rollface:

Arms of course :lol2:

tkeracer619
12/08/2017, 03:16 PM
I use "special delivery" gloves.