PDA

View Full Version : Hydra 26" lighting parameters

allendehl
12/11/2017, 01:28 PM
Hello guys,

I have a reefer 350 with 2 Hydra 26 HD. As of now, I have them come on early in the morning for a couple of hours then in the afternoon until about 11pm. Basically matching my stay at home.
I do not have any special color scheme, I just found a combination that I like and that is set for both schedules with a one hour transition time. No special attention to power.

I only have a little piece of rock with 3 types of zoas on it standing by itself separate from other rocks in the tank. Plan is to get some more softies and LPS.

I tried reading some of threads about lighting for corals but I ended up more confused than how I started. Does any of you have the same lights (or know anything about them) and can suggest a good schedule(color & power) that would boost coral growth and health?

Thanks!

Papermonkeys
12/11/2017, 03:16 PM
I know it's a lot to read through, but this thread def helps.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2307040&page=199

I'm running one of Orcus Varuna's profiles that he posted up. AB+ Low Power

Tcox
12/11/2017, 08:01 PM
Watch BRS’s episode on the AI Prime. They give their recommended lighting settings. I have been using it with great results.

Abstract3000
12/11/2017, 11:15 PM
Easiest way to work an AI with success on Softies and LPS that I have found is to Set the Whites to 30, Blues, Purple, UV @ 85 - 100% and turn the Green & Reds off. I found this out with the AI Nano, and Sol's having tons of success with those Same Settings having only White, Blue & Royal Blue.

When upgrading years later to a Hydra 26, then 52, and a Prime on an IM 10 I had troubles using pre loaded settings, I just adjusted to my previous settings to mimic the Success with my Nano, and Sol's.

I am sure there is better options available and I do not claim this to be the best settings by any means but only what I have found to work myself. I eventually switched back to T5 as I don't really like messing with settings too much.

d0ughb0y
12/12/2017, 09:42 AM
The simplest is to set the color to 17.5K, then schedule as you want it.

You can set color by temp in the phone app, just go to control, select a point, edit then click on the icon on the upper right hand corner to the left of "done".

That color temp is the one used by radion ab+ profile to mimic T5s.