PDA

View Full Version : Please help ID

Western_reefer
12/18/2017, 01:05 AM
Hello, I have this little baby puffer that I got about a week ago and about 2 days ago he got this bump on his side, kind of looks like a pimple? Please help ID what it is.

SAT
12/18/2017, 01:29 PM
It may help if you can describe it in a little more detail. From the photo, it appears to be white, roundish, about 3mm across, and on, rather than under, the skin. Is that correct? Does the texture seem hard or fuzzy? Does it have a symmetric shape, which might indicate it's a flatworm? Did it appear suddenly at full size or did it grow? Do you see any redness around the bump indicating irritation or infection of the skin?

If you think it might be external to the skin, I suggest a freshwater dip which might knock it off.

Jdub968
12/18/2017, 04:53 PM
+1 with above + does it have a cauliflower texture?

Western_reefer
12/19/2017, 12:19 AM
It may help if you can describe it in a little more detail. From the photo, it appears to be white, roundish, about 3mm across, and on, rather than under, the skin. Is that correct? Does the texture seem hard or fuzzy? Does it have a symmetric shape, which might indicate it's a flatworm? Did it appear suddenly at full size or did it grow? Do you see any redness around the bump indicating irritation or infection of the skin?

If you think it might be external to the skin, I suggest a freshwater dip which might knock it off.

Yes, that is correct, white, roundish, about 3mm across, and the closest thing I could think of is when a bee bites you and it swells up.. and it's symmetric but nothing seems to be on top like a flatworm or any kind of fuzziness essential and it appeared over night and it hasnt gotten bigger/worse but it also didn't get better/smaller yet... no redness.. doesn't look external..

Western_reefer
12/20/2017, 09:10 AM
Bump

SAT
12/20/2017, 10:15 AM
Out on a limb here, but my best guess is you have a parasite under the skin. In that case PraziPro in a treatment tank might be an appropriate treatment.