PDA

View Full Version : Basslet questions

KarenLR75
12/26/2017, 10:08 PM
Can you have more than 1 type of basslet in a tank? If so, are there restrictions/limitations like with other fish (avoid similar body shape or 'gold ones don't like purple ones').

I like the Royal Gramma basslet but I also like the Yellow Assessor and didn't know if we have to choose just ONE kind of basslet only. Tank is 112 gallons - 6 ft long, mixed reef tank.

Another question, can you have more than 1 basslet within a type (i.e. can you have 2 or 3 Royal Gramma basslets...will they..um..shoal')?

Other inhabitants: 1 White Tail Bristletooth Tang, 1 Blue throat Trigger (small), 1 Melanurus Wrasse, 2 mated percula clowns, 3 fire fish, 1 Randall's Goby, 1 pistol shrimp, 2 skunk cleaner shrimp, 1 red shrimp.

Elegance coral, Montipora coral.

cypherljk
12/27/2017, 03:27 PM
I only have one in mine and was wondering the same thing. I suppose that if your tank is large enough you can. I have a 150 gallon 6 foot tank.

nereefpat
12/27/2017, 03:37 PM
Royal grammas and assessors aren't that closely related. People sometimes call both of them basslets, but they are in different families.

Assessors are supposedly pretty shy, so there is that to consider. In a tank with tangs, triggers, wrasses, clowns, you may not have much luck.

You can keep multiples of royal grammas though. Pairs and groups work fine.