PDA

View Full Version : Dinner sensor location

kirkfrey
12/28/2017, 12:15 AM
I have s pair of 500w finnex hma heaters. I can’t figure out where/how the temperature sensors are located.

Any thoughts?

The issue is that they seem to think that they are at temp WAY before my Apex does. I have them set to 84 but even when the temp is 76/77 they don’t turn on even when the Apex turns them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcgyvr
12/28/2017, 06:06 AM
Location of the sensor in the body is basically irrelevant...Have you ensured that there is 120v power at the apex outlet when there should be (plug in a table lamp to that outlet or whatever)..?
The heaters/controller could also be broken...simple test for that is to just plug them into the wall and not into the apex..if they work..apex isn't working properly...if they don't then they are broken or badly calibrated so mess with the finned controller when you are sure they have power tomrule that out

kirkfrey
12/28/2017, 08:07 AM
Stupid autocorrect.

Both the Apex and heater are working ok. I need to know where the sensor is to place the heaters correctly. If the sensor is at the top near the cord I need to put the bottom near my return intake so the heat is drawn away from the sensor not over it. If the sensor is at the bottom vice vesa. If it’s someplace else I need to adjust for that as well.

Vinny Kreyling
12/28/2017, 08:57 AM
As long as the heater is in a flow there should be no worries on sensor placement.
Stability is overrated with temperature IMHO. A few degree change never hurt anyone as long a sit's done gradually.

mcgyvr
12/28/2017, 11:26 AM
Yep..location of sensor in tube does not matter.. the difference is very minor if any