PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using or have any familiarity with the Current Orbit Marine IC Loop lights...?

Salty150
01/02/2018, 01:05 PM
Anyone using or have any familiarity with the Current Orbit Marine IC Loop lights (and integrate(able) wave pumps)...?

I realize they are probably not a good option for any demanding corals - but for a FOWLR and some green star polyps - it should work great...?

https://current-usa.com/loop/orbit-ic-led-aquarium-light/

nanojg
01/02/2018, 02:02 PM
I just set up a 30 gallon long tank (13" height) with the orbit marine IC light and pumps two weeks ago.

I haven't added any live stock (other than a clean up crew) yet so I have no personal experience with coral growth/health; however, from what I have read the light is good enough for just about anything in a shallow tank like mine. I like the options as far as color, weather options, and ramp up/ramp down.

I love the pumps, I have one on each end and can get really good wave action on the tank.

Salty150
01/02/2018, 02:08 PM
Thanks!

I am looking to install them on either a 60" long 120 gallon (60 x 18 x 24), or 72" 180 gallon (72 x 24 x 24) tank.

zooman72
01/02/2018, 03:45 PM
Yes, they should work well for a shallow reef (which you won't have at 24" depth) or FOWLR (which you are basically proposing, so... :thumbsup: ), and I like that the spectrum is "tweakable" via the RGB diodes.

They are simple, easy to use lights and pumps - full disclosure, I am currently using an 18" Current Orbit Marine on my rock flower nem ADA 4.5g, and an 18" Orbit Marine Pro on my Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20g (also have a pair of 48" Satellite Plus on my 55g freshwater planted). I am not in love with the overall color rendition of the Orbits (they are just OK), but the do not have the RGB diodes either.