PDA

View Full Version : Pico Project

RG21
01/04/2018, 11:31 AM
Im not sure if this is a "pico" or a "nano" but I was in the market for a very small tank. Something about how small they are and keeping very small livestock (pom pom crabs, harlequin shrimp, something similar, etc) is appealing to me; plus the challenge of keeping these tanks stable.

I was looking at the fluval spec 3 2.6gal, but I went to my LFS where I had a credit for a moray eel that outgrew my tank a while back, and got out of there with a CAD lights mini 4g. I picked up a small heater and some carbon mat filters for the time being, but i wanted to ask for some advice as far as other equipment that would be compatible with this tank.

I plan to keep mainly zoas, mushrooms, and other easy softies, as well as small inverts and maybe a single fish. What other equipment should i be considering here? I doubt a skimmer would fit/be necessary.

What I'm thinking so far for upgrades

Reef Octopus OCT-MFB 2.5in Media Reactor (necessary?)
NanoBox Mini Tide LED light
Upgrade the return pump? (suggestions on models?)
AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro

Any other suggestions? Im wondering if an upgraded pump will provide sufficient flow without needing a powerhead, i really dont want to crowd such a tiny tank. Let me know what you think! Thank you :)

RG21
01/04/2018, 09:27 PM
bump?