PDA

View Full Version : Bleaching

fishnugget
01/06/2018, 09:45 AM
Bought a purple chalice from Lsf. It bleached in 2 days. Lsf keeps all corals under blues like most do. I put this on the sand and it started bleaching within 2 days. Chemistry is perfect. Do I need to switch to all blues for a week each time I put a new coral in. Doesn’t that continually effect the other corals

AlSimmons
01/06/2018, 12:24 PM
Did the color just turn from say black to white or are you seeing exposed skeleton? Do you have any ornamental shrimp in the tank?

mcgyvr
01/06/2018, 02:20 PM
I have never needed to adjust lights for new corals..
Never had one bleach in such a short time either..May not be light related.

fishnugget
01/06/2018, 05:13 PM
No shrimp. Half bleached white

AlSimmons
01/06/2018, 06:04 PM
Well assuming your parameters are indeed "perfect" just find the coral some shade for awhile and hope for the best. You don't want to put it in a really dark spot, but you don't want direct lighting either. Sort of a happy medium between the two. If your not seeing any improvements within 7-10 days or so you might want to move it someplace else for awhile or look into coral dips such as Coral Rx, Revive etc.

On a side note; do you have any other corals nearby? I just had a Lobophyllia do a number on a Montipora setosa. It's white as can be where they touched.

fishnugget
01/06/2018, 06:29 PM
No nothing near by. I put in a more shaded area. Hopefully it will revive. Had a coral dip for pests already. Bayer

zip70
04/05/2018, 07:58 PM
No nothing near by. I put in a more shaded area. Hopefully it will revive. Had a coral dip for pests already. Bayer

any update ?

ramseynb
04/05/2018, 09:26 PM

I thought bayer was more of an SPS dip? I've not used it to dip LPS or softies.