PDA

View Full Version : Which animals would you add to my 112 gallon system?

Gargamel35
01/08/2018, 04:55 AM
I'm running a 112 gallon Aqua Medica 130 reef system. Lights are from Giensmann and other systems from Tunze.

Right now i'm in a startup stage and dealing with green algae. When all is good i'm thinking about adding these animals (please comment on my selection and can i add more or is this enough. If i could add more, what would that be?):

- 10 snails different species
- 2 Toxido urchins
- 2 Ocellaris Clown fishes (from my old tank) + anemone
- 1 Firefish (from my old tank)
- 1 yellow Tang
- 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia
- 2 Lysmata Debelius schrimps

I would love to add more fish or maybe one group of small fishes. Can i add more? What would be a good addition? I'll have LPS and soft corals mostly.

nereefpat
01/08/2018, 09:54 AM
That list is fine. Conservative, really. I would choose a different wrasse though. Six-lines are nasty fish. Melanurus would be better.

Royal grammas or chalk bass would make a good small group.

RCS82
01/08/2018, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't have a tank without a blenny. Also agree with scrapping the 6 line, so many great wrasses out there with better reputations.

saf1
01/08/2018, 05:49 PM
#Free6LineWrasse

Just kidding - they are a great fish, always moving, never idle, and all around relative easy fish to care fore. However, talking about a big attitude in a little package - WOW. They can be a serious pain in the rear so agree - buy with caution. I had one in my 100 gallon and didn't really bother anyone. It lived it tomato clowns, Kole Tang, some blue/green chromis, and a yellow watchman goby I believe. At some point there was a purple tang and flame angel which later I had to remove both of them because they actually became the bully - go figure.

But yes - 6 lines to tend to get a bad rap with regards to aggression.

JTJreef
01/08/2018, 10:34 PM
Black cap basslet is a great addition. Maybe not as a group.
Same for fairy wrasses. Single males give lots of color. Females tend to turn male so you can get several different kinds.
A small group of pyramid butterfly’s are always beautiful. They tend to be reefsafe too