PDA

View Full Version : Help ID fish disease

kilmca
01/08/2018, 03:09 PM
Tank has been running since May of 2016. Before that the tank had been running from August of 2008 to about March of 2016. 400g 120" long x 32" wide x 24" tall mixed reef.

Fish list
Dussumieri Tang (10"+)
Blue Tang (5")
Purple Tang (4"+)
Clown Tang (4"+)
Tomini Tang (3")
Blue Jaw Trigger (3")
(2) Occellaris Clowns
Flameback Angel
Lunar Wrasse (5")
Sunset Wrasse (5")
Yellowtail Coris Wrasse (5")
Cleaner Wrasse
Orange Spot Goby
Midas Blenny

All fish went through (8) week QT process except for Dussumieri tang because it came out of someone else's tank and it was too large for my QT setup. QT treatment included 1 hour paraguard dip before and after QT plus prazipro and cupramine treatments. I'm guessing not QT'ing the Dussumieri or my next move was my mistake. I also have a frag tank with a lawnmower blenny that was not QT'd. When i take corals from the frag tank to the DT i dip them in Revive and rinse in DT water. No fish has been added to the DT in the past 8 months. Lawnmower blenny was added to the frag tank about 6 months ago. Seems possible that I've transferred some disease between the 2 tanks or the Dussumieri had it from the start but I've had most of the fish for over a year with no signs of disease.

Had a file fish for about a year but lost it about 3 months ago. It stopped eating and died. About 1 month ago the Dussumieri tang stopped eating and was less active. After 2 weeks of not eating i caught the fish and did a freshwater dip for 5 minutes and a paraguard dip for 1 hour. Went into a 40 gallon breeder (frag tank) and started eating again after a week. Reintroduced back into the DT on Saturday and acting normal. All other fish acting normal other than i believe they are breathing a little harder than normal. All fish are very colorful and fat. The Lunar and Sunset wrasses will itch on rock on occasion. sorry for the long post but wanted to give some background info. Any thoughts and/or advice would be appreciated. Here is a link to some pictures from back in September. Not much has changed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DiQcWCXjZwp56fWd2

Dmorty217
01/08/2018, 06:51 PM
Paragard in my experience is only good for flukes. Did you notice anything come off the tang in the freshwater dip? Opaque looking flakes? Breathing hard and not eating is typically flukes. Flashing on rocks could also mean flukes, maybe Ich

kilmca
01/08/2018, 07:25 PM
Paragard in my experience is only good for flukes. Did you notice anything come off the tang in the freshwater dip? Opaque looking flakes? Breathing hard and not eating is typically flukes. Flashing on rocks could also mean flukes, maybe Ich

I didn't see anything come off in the freshwater or paragard dips but i'll admit i didn't look as close as i should have. Also, I don't believe it's Ich because i have a purple and blue tang and they are both spotless.

Jdub968
01/09/2018, 11:37 AM
Possible flukes if you see a fish showing signs and you can catch him and fw dip him then look close for flukes. My suggestion to help keep your tank parasite free don't ever house fish in you frag tank dipping coral does nothing to ick or velvet.
If you find flukes after a fw dip you can treat the DT with prazipro

Ngoodermuth
01/10/2018, 09:16 PM
There's a good video here that shows what flukes look like in a freshwater dip.

Freshwater Dip

https://www.*********.com/index.php?threads/Freshwater-Dip.248898/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk