PDA

View Full Version : GSP test

oldhead
01/12/2018, 10:09 AM
Yesterday I found the little rock that had some gps on it. In my smaller tank the stuff just wouldn't grow. Since everyone seems to think it is an indestructible coral I moved the rock to the top of a solitary rock I have in the new tank. I'll be interested to see if it will come back and grow in this tank.

LuizW13
01/12/2018, 05:17 PM
I personally have a hard time with GSP.

Mine is spreading on it's own rock but it's dying away at the same time (algae). Go figure.

Lakejoery
01/12/2018, 06:28 PM
I've never tried it, I am to afraid of it taking over my entire tank. But that would be quite interesting to see. Did you put it in a location with more flow, less and/or more light?

newbie2014
01/12/2018, 07:42 PM
Yesterday I found the little rock that had some gps on it. In my smaller tank the stuff just wouldn't grow. Since everyone seems to think it is an indestructible coral I moved the rock to the top of a solitary rock I have in the new tank. I'll be interested to see if it will come back and grow in this tank.

GSP is generally an easy coral. But every tank is different. The GSP in my tank is growing up the glass wall, and my xenia is spreading all over. But the Kenya tree, another "easy coral", is basically the same size it was six months ago.

Recheck your water parameters with a different test kits. Maybe you'll find out why stuffs won't grow.

sde1500
01/12/2018, 07:45 PM
I personally have a hard time with GSP.

Mine is spreading on it's own rock but it's dying away at the same time (algae). Go figure.

No coral will grow well if algae is smothering it.

oldhead
01/13/2018, 02:02 AM
I've never tried it, I am to afraid of it taking over my entire tank. But that would be quite interesting to see. Did you put it in a location with more flow, less and/or more light?
Yeah when I upgraded to the bigger tank I upgraded my flow and switched from T5 to led lights.
GSP is generally an easy coral. But every tank is different. The GSP in my tank is growing up the glass wall, and my xenia is spreading all over. But the Kenya tree, another "easy coral", is basically the same size it was six months ago.

Recheck your water parameters with a different test kits. Maybe you'll find out why stuffs won't grow.

When I had the smaller tank I couldn't grow xenia either. Never tried a kenya tree though. I know you can set up two tanks at the same time right next to each other and they will both act different so that is why I'm interested to see if it will come back and grow in this tank.