PDA

View Full Version : Which powerhead between these 2

ksmmike
01/14/2018, 12:23 PM
I recently bought a Maxspect 230 gyre. When it arrived the controller wouldn't turn on, so I sent it back.

I'm torn between ordering another or a Sicce XStream-E Variable DC Wave Pump. The Sicce has some good reviews, though I can't find many reviews.

Has anyone ever used that particular pump? It's the one with it's own controller, not the wave maker pumps.

thanks
Mike

PhishyRupert
01/14/2018, 12:34 PM
I’ve had 2 gyre 230s die on me in the last year so I don’t buy em anymore. I used some of the sicce power heads that were of similar design of the xstream and wasn’t overly impressed. My lfs had the xstream on a sps tank a few months back but didn’t care for the flow and ended up taking it off. I think the new controllable tunzes come with controllers now, best flow and reliability for the money would be the tunze 6095 if you ask me. I think they are like 230 bux

bif24701
01/14/2018, 01:21 PM
Tunze will last you as long as your tank. Great pumps and can be controlled via an APEX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jda
01/14/2018, 02:42 PM
In the price range of the Sicce are AquaMedic EcoDrift. They move water pretty well... no idea if they will last as long as a Tunze (they have not been out long enough). They do have US support and warranty.